Home Support Symphony Pro

Problems with Export into .xml and MIDI

HI Team.

i think I have a problem with my version of SP... I have version 5.1.9

when Exporting a score with 2 parts - violin and piano, in .xml format, only the top line with the violin part is exported but the staff is No longer a violin but a piano, and the piano staves have disappeared...??

then, when I export that same score as a MIDI file, it looks Much better, but... that gives me another problem:  the chord symbols have disappeared...??

i write and copy music for about 50+ members of our club of harmonica players, specifically for Those members that don’t have SP, and yet these people need the Whole entire score to open up in their own software.
what can I do here, and can you help me please...?? 
Many Thanks,
Hilvert Scheper
Amateur musician, harmonica enthusiast and volunteer with HarmonicaUK.

Comments

• Hi Hilvert

XML export from SP fails when expression marks (piano, mezzoforte, regulators, etc) and text boxes are presents at the scores. Remove them and your XML file will be ok.
    Sorry for my english. 
    Manuel Gómez

• Hi Manuel Gomez,
    your English is fine, and your reply is Extremely Helpful, Thank you Very much!!
    Sorry it took me a while to respond, to be honest with you I’d given up on the idea of exporting .xml files from SP,
    but it is becoming increasingly difficult; exporting scores as MIDI Files causes many other new problems, so eventually I came back here again, only to find your answer.
    my apologies to you, and Many Thanks again for your help!!
    hilvert.
    Amateur musician, harmonica enthusiast and volunteer with HarmonicaUK.
  • @Hilvert
    @manolo
    Sorry that you were having issues. An update (6.0) is on the way very shortly that will fix the above MusicXML issues, including the ones Manuel mentioned, and it will continue to be the recommended interchange format. If either of you would like to download the early release of 6.0 you are welcome to let us know via email.