Home General

Mid-Staff Instrument change

Does this app support mid-staff instrument changes? I'm a percussionist, and a lot of percussion parts are written for more than one instrument (for instance, a bongo part could also have a part later on for congas, or a suspended cymbal swell may be added to a xylophone part). I have been trying to add percussion to my symphonic band pieces on Symphony Pro 5 and it is quite inconvenient to have to create separate lines even if I want one person playing a set of bongos; it can also be confusing for the player. Is there a solution for this? 

P.S., I love everything else about this app!

Comments

• edited March 2018
    @Marimbaman98
    Changes to instrumentation as you described, while not available, is certainly in the picture, and we've now moved it higher among our list of priorities for the current roadmap! 

A convenient workaround in your particular case, is to suggest templates for recurring instrument ensembles across newly created scores. Although the creation of a template can only capture the entire part arrangement, you can still add an arrangement to an existing score, under Instruments > + > Templates. Hope this may help somewhat!