Home General
Options

Symphony Pro 3.0

2»

Comments

• Options
    Hello, and thanks for making this wonderfull app.

I am in the middle of bringing this to a secondary school in the UK as they intend on using it as their main score editor and chucking Sibelius. I have one request, please can you add WebDAV support for import/opening files and for exporting back. This is a big thing for education as it is the only work around for iPad constraints.

... Now if Apple only did volume licensing outside the US (gifting large numbers of the same app is a pain in the backside)....

Please please please add the WebDAV support though.

Many thanks.
  • Options
    @Matt_Prentice

WebDAV feature is a great idea. We'll eventually add support for it in future update.
  • Options
    How many notes can Symphony Pro play at the same time? I would have thought that information would be on the front page. Maybe I'm over looking it.

lmk
  • Options
    @Matt_Prentice

WebDAV feature is a great idea. We'll eventually add support for it in future update.

Thank you!
    Also in the world of wireless it may seem counter productive, but I was approached by a teacher asking if they could save out the files and import from a memory stick before and after connecting a midi keyboard. I don't even know if something like that would be possible, but if it were quicker and easier to roll out rather than WebDAV then it would solve a few issues for my deployment.

I realise the dev team must be constantly getting requests, so thank you again for your reply.
  • Options
    When the add is support for the Russian language?
    Or translated into Russian leadership?
    Thank you!
  • Options
    I am looking at buying Symphony Pro 2.4 (current version) for the iPad for teaching music theory in choir but am somewhat hesitant by the history of crashes users have reported surrounding this app.

When 3.0 comes out, will we be able to update our apps or will we have to re-purchase 3.0 after having already purchased 2.4?
  • Options
    I am looking at buying Symphony Pro 2.4 (current version) for the iPad for teaching music theory in choir but am somewhat hesitant by the history of crashes users have reported surrounding this app.

When 3.0 comes out, will we be able to update our apps or will we have to re-purchase 3.0 after having already purchased 2.4?

3.0 will be a free update for all current users.
  • Options
    Hi there DthPham .. what a great app! 

I would desperately love to see this working for SATB as I have friends who run choral societies and teachers at schools who would find it an invaluable sketch pad for choir work.

I composer and produce movie scores and can also see this app short cutting many peoples love of Sibelius as a great sketch pad for session work. More and more recording sessions for movie and tv work are being performed by session musicians working via websites in their home studios. This app could be really handy as a half way house between serious Sibelius users and peeps working in MIDI studios.

Although I'm not suggesting this app for setting up my larger orchestral sessions, it could be an invaluable tool for our general session work.

Good luck with it .... may the wind be ever at your back.
  • Options
    Hi,

SATB will come along with the Templates menu for the next version. Since we also made 3.0 more efficient, we will definitely consider adding more tracks.

Best,
  • Options
    Hi,
    I'm thinking of buying this App - could you please indicate when v3 will be released.
    Is there a Beta release available?
    Thaks
  • Options
    A beta release should be available by the end of next week. 

• Options

Hi Phil,

Is the beta version out yet? How can I access this?

Cheers,

N

• Options
    Hi Neil,

It's taking just a bit longer than expected, but it will definitely be out soon. 

Best
  • Options
    Hi! It would be great, the app do not correct the chord names automatically or this option could be switch off. I need chord names such "d" instead of "D" (natural minor dominant), T instead of t, SII7 instead of sII7. Hope you fixed it in 3.0
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Features & Improvements:
    • Compatibility fixes for iPad 3 and iOS 6, and beautiful retina images
    • Completely redesigned and simplified menus
    • Create and edit tablature notation
    • Interactive guitar and bass guitar for creating tabs, editing the standard staff, or recording in realtime
    • New and improved interactive keyboard
    • Edit & view your score using horizontal scroll
    • Adjust the scale of your entire score
    • Redesigned document management system
    • Create scores from a default template, or create your own templates from existing scores
    • Unlimited number of staves and tracks
    • Less realtime recording latency 
    • Easier connection and use of external MIDI devices
    • A much more responsive interface and score interaction
    • Improved sound quality
    • Audio mixer
    • Select which tracks are visible
    • Expanded crescendos/decrescendos will have an effect on playback
    • Improved tuplet entry
    • Built in quickstart guide, and other helpful reminders
    • Coda, Segno, D.S. (Dal Segno), D.C. (Da Capo)
    • 64th notes
    • Continuous scrolling on playback
    • File locking to prevent unwanted changes

Last edited October 18, 2012
    So let me get this straight. You put 'tablature' at the top of the list? I guess all the guitar kiddies
    made a lot of noise so you buckled, just like everyone else. I mean, tablature? Better change the name then. Make it something like "Rock on dude", or "Guitar Pro" (wait, I think that's already taken) LOL
  • Options
    let me know when you can buy it? I can not access the App Store Italy. I tried for 2.4, but is not present in the App Store application. can you tell me when if ever be available? thanks
  • Options

I bought the Symphony 2.4 at App store, it is very usful and powerful notation. but I cannot handle a D.C. or D.S and so on. Could you show me how to use it. Please.

This discussion has been closed.