Symphony Pro 3.0
Features & Improvements:
- Compatibility fixes for iPad 3 and iOS 6, and beautiful retina images
- Completely redesigned and simplified menus
- Create and edit tablature notation
- Interactive guitar and bass guitar for creating tabs, editing the standard staff, or recording in realtime
- New and improved interactive keyboard
- Edit & view your score using horizontal scroll
- Adjust the scale of your entire score
- Redesigned document management system
- Create scores from a default template, or create your own templates from existing scores
- Unlimited number of staves and tracks
- Less realtime recording latency
- Easier connection and use of external MIDI devices
- A much more responsive interface and score interaction
- Improved sound quality
- Audio mixer
- Select which tracks are visible
- Expanded crescendos/decrescendos will have an effect on playback
- Improved tuplet entry
- Built in quickstart guide, and other helpful reminders
- Coda, Segno, D.S. (Dal Segno), D.C. (Da Capo)
- 64th notes
- Continuous scrolling on playback
- File locking to prevent unwanted changes
Last edited October 18, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Sorry we haven't been up to date with your feature request. There's a good chance I will get started on it in our next version (set to be released beginning of July). Otherwise it will be version 3.1.
What about this Feature?
Translaions are indeed planned for 3.0. It's listed in the first post.
Also an update to entering chords on the app keyboard would help. It's tricky entering chords by having to press all the notes at the same time. It would be nice if there was a chord mode where the notes pressed (one by one) make up the notes for a chord. A bit like chord mode in the scoring program Notion for iPad.
Bring on those updates!
I tend to agree with paddlefish, adding more and more features without making the core robust will probably not be the best way forward, i have about 10 crashes so far in 2'days of use.
But the software is good. Please dont get me wrong. You guys have a unique space on the ipad today. Keep it up!
Oh, yes... And please make a file system! I've got tons of songs now.
In addition, draggable objects such articulations and dynamics can also be deleted and undone in the same way.
- Better autoscrolling behavior when adding chord symbols or lyrics
- All chord symbol and lyric changes can be undone
- Chord symbol and lyric changes can be deleted
Please let me know if you find any issues with the way that chord symbols are recognized or formatted, because that is one area that hasn't been changed.
To address your frustration with saving, we will most likely have a Duplicate button within the new document chooser. Another option is allowing files to be opened in Read-Only mode. Would you prefer these features over manual saving?
You can keep the autosave In place, but the extra option to manually save would be nice.
Hi, I'd like to emphasize the importance of a fingering tool for pianists.
It's simple and would make Spro a lot more useful.
As it is, it has a good solution for treble cleff (chord tool) and a bad (or not at all, so unpractical it is) one for bass cleff.
For reference, MScore has a good one.
By the way, the text tool ('T' icon) supports multiple lines of text. So you can use this to add fingerings for now. However, these fingerings won't attach to chords, and the font won't be bold. You can change the text size inside the settings menu.
However, as a new user of the app I must say I am in love with it!
I really don't want to give up on this app! Please fix soon.
I'm really sorry about autosave failing. Let us know if you can think of any circumstances that may have triggered the issue. For example, did the title of the composition have the exact same title as another composition? Were there any special characters in the title?
Alternatively, after saving as above, EMail the present file to yourself. It is easy enough to delete excess and un-needed EMails. The file will still open right into SP, just as it was when EMailed.
I just bought this app this morning and can't wait to dive into it when I get home from work. I'm excited to see you are adding tablature in the next release, but a question: how much freedom will there be in setting up the tab - ie number if strings and tunings? Will this, for example, allow for a 5-string banjo break to be tabbed out?
What use is it!?
Also you stated that symphony pro would be able to play music from photos of sheet music.....when ?????
I needed it to use as backing to learn my singing with argh !!!!!
As far as "playing music from photos of sheet music," don't hold your breath. You can scan sheet music into Finale or Sibelius, with bad results, although Smartscore Pro is supposed to be better (and expensive.)
You would be better off learning to enter simple melodies into SymphonyPro, and learning your music that way.