Home Support Symphony Pro

Input mode indication?

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
Perhaps I am just a little weak minded but is there an easy way to determine or a cheat sheet explaining the different input modes?

Sometimes it seems I can tap on a note and change it and sometimes it seems that I am adding more notes.

And other times I think it should be inserting new notes after the current one and yet I am simply changing the existing note.

Comments

• No, no one is weak minded, you just haven't learned. The differences you are experiencing are based off of two buttons. In the middle of the tool-bar on the top of the screen, there is a pencil and an arrow. The arrow can beused to edit notes, and the pencil can be used to add notes.

Hope this helped! Good luck! :)
  • edited October 2011
    Jacob wrote:
    No, no one is weak minded, you just haven't learned. The differences you are experiencing are based off of two buttons. In the middle of the tool-bar on the top of the screen, there is a pencil and an arrow. The arrow can beused to edit notes, and the pencil can be used to add notes.

Hope this helped! Good luck! :)

Well you are half right ;)

Near as i can tell there are three modes you can be in

Pen input
    Keyboard input
    And paused playback

The last mode. Is rather insidious because you think you should be able to input but you can't, it is distinguished by the record red circle being replaced with the white stop square

Keyboard input if you select something with arrow then when you play the keyboard it replaces the notes

What is confusing is when you switch to pen modes, everything reverts to the first measure, and depending upon which mode you were in playing a note changes the first note of the first measure or advances to the next measure

If you come to am incomplete measure it inserts notes at the beginning

I hope that will be changed so if you switch to keyboard mode, you stay where you were in pen mode

Also with a midi keboard you can now see the arrow key input which is inactive in keyboard mode but would be useful to use to advance to next note like in pen mode

So yes part of it is getting used to it and part is the software design