Home Support Symphony Pro

DELETE BASS CLEF

I only write music for flute and clarinet. I don't need bass clef. It is default in all the scores. How do I remove it?

Comments

• In version 4.2, we’ll be introducing a command to unlink a grand staff automatically, so that you’ll be able to remove the extra staff from the Instruments Menu. But for now, you can still unlink the staff manually by following the steps below. If you need any clarification, don't hesitate to ask.

1. Switch to Select mode by activating the cursor icon from the left side of the Notes Toolbar

2. Open the Copy/Paste menu on the top measure of the grand staff, then drag the bottom-right corner of the blue rectangle so that it covers both staves, as illustrated below:

3. Within the Copy/Paste menu items, first select 'Edit Groups' (as illustrated above), then select "Remove Part Group'. This splits the grand staff into two separate instruments. 

You'll then be able to remove the unneeded staff by the following:

4. From the Navigation Menu at the bottom-right corner of the screen, open the Instruments menu popup (icon highlighted below) :

5. Note that the former grand staff is now listed as two separate instruments for the top and bottom staff. Swipe left on the instrument tab corresponding to the unneeded staff, then tap the delete icon that will show up.

• Hi is it possible to delete the bass clef for a certain number of bars? Or maybe when there are no notes in it?
  • Also, is it possible to put a clef halfway through a bar?
  • edited June 2018
    @adamkeys
    Hi is it possible to delete the bass clef for a certain number of bars? Or maybe when there are no notes in it?
    This can't be done yet, but will be kept in consideration.
    Also, is it possible to put a clef halfway through a bar?
    – The above is possible by first selecting a note at which the clef change should begin.
    – Next open the Note Properties Context Menu by choosing the 'Edit' menu item (ideally in Select mode) from the context items that will appear above the note. 
    – You'll then find clef changes available under Note Properties, as illustrated here, with 'Symbols' selected at the bottom menubar.
    – To remove a mid-measure clef if undo isn't an option, it will be necessary to un-toggle the highlighted clef icon, by following exactly the preceding steps and deselecting the icon to have this action reflected in the score.
  • edited April 2020
    @Support - hello, new user here. Can you provide an updated answer to this question please using pro5, I can’t figure out how to delete the 2nd staff in the group. I can’t even seem to find the ‘edit group’ option. Thank you!
  • edited April 2020
    To separate (and remove) a clef from a grand staff that joins together two or more clefs, you can refer to the following steps:
    - Choose Select mode by activating the cursor icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen, if not chosenalready
    - Open the Region Select menu on the top measure of the staff, then drag the bottom-right corner of the blue rectangle so that it covers both staves, as illustrated:

- Tap once the right-most arrow of the Copy/Paste menu items, then select 'Remove Part Group' from the options that appear. This splits the grand staff into two separate parts and instruments. 
    - If you want to remove the bass clef, the second of the instruments is the one to remove from the Instruments Menu (Navigation Menu > Instruments). After opening the menu and locating the 2nd of the two parts, choose Edit at the top right corner, then choose Delete. (Alternatively, you can also swipe left on it and tap Delete to remove it without having to tap Edit.)
  • edited January 2021
    Support said:
    To separate (and remove) a clef from a grand staff that joins together two or more clefs, you can refer to the following steps:
    - Choose Select mode by activating the cursor icon on the bottom-left corner of the screen, if not chosenalready
    - Open the Region Select menu on the top measure of the staff, then drag the bottom-right corner of the blue rectangle so that it covers both staves, as illustrated:

- Tap once the right-most arrow of the Copy/Paste menu items, then select 'Remove Part Group' from the options that appear. This splits the grand staff into two separate parts and instruments. 
    - If you want to remove the bass clef, the second of the instruments is the one to remove from the Instruments Menu (Navigation Menu > Instruments). After opening the menu and locating the 2nd of the two parts, choose Edit at the top right corner, then choose Delete. (Alternatively, you can also swipe left on it and tap Delete to remove it without having to tap Edit.)
    Hi, is it already available to remove the bass clef only on certain bars?
    Or alternatively, can I add another instrument (double bass) and delete that instrument only for certain bars?
    I am trying to reduce the number of pages of charts that I am writing by eliminating unnecessary staves where there is no information written.
    @Support