Home General
Options

Visually Impaired

Hi, I have a new piano student who is visually impaired, so I got this app; but, I can’t seem to make it print larger sized font.  Is there a way to increase the font size?
While I am asking, I also didn’t yet find the tools to actually attach the clefs and everything to the staves....am I just printing wrong?
Many thanks for your suggestions!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    @iflute4u
    Great questions.

There isn't a way to magnify staff sizes in Horizontal Scroll mode, which is the View mode that the app automatically chooses with VoiceOver on. With VoiceOver, the zoom scale is also adjusted automatically such that all staves will fit the screen, to a certain limit on how far the app will zoom out. We'll add an option to adjust print sizes and/or default zoom in some easy way for this reason.

While I am asking, I also didn’t yet find the tools to actually attach the clefs and everything to the staves....am I just printing wrong?
    For changing clef anywhere in the score, precise steps on how to do this are below:
    1. First bring up the Measure Dialog (the context menu for editing measure attributes). 
    2. In an accessibility context, this menu is opened by pressing control-m via external QWERTY keyboard. Without VoiceOver, it's normally opened via two-finger tap gesture on the bar.
    3. Under the popover, choose Clef from the menubar at the bottom
    4. Available clef options will then appear in the form of a grid of icons; 
    5. To apply any edit within this submenu (including clef, time and key signature), simply dismiss the Measure Dialog by tapping anywhere outside of it
    Other staff properties are available from the same menu, including time and key signature changes by choosing Time/Key from the bottom of this menu instead.