Home Support Symphony Pro

Customize Measure Durations

I know how to create a pickup measure at the beginning of a score, but how can I change the duration of a measure duration in the middle and end of a score?  Often times, if the the pickup is a quarter note for example, the last measure before a repeat might be shortened.  Also there can be a pickup measure for the B part and a shortened measure at the end.
Can Symphony Pro do this?
Thanks!

Comments

• The only way I’ve found to do what I want is to change the time signature for specific measures but this makes the score pretty ugly.  For example, on a 6/8 jig I’ll have a 1/8 pickup at the beginning, then the last measure before the A part repeat I change the time signature to 5/8 and then after the repeat, I change the first measure of the B part to 1/8 then back to 6/8 and on the last measure before repeat of the B part change it to 5/8.
    It works for playback but now I’ve got all these time signature changes showing in the score.
  • edited December 2018
    @bigtreesjoe
    Flexible duration measures very similar to what you requested will be easier in the next update. It will be by virtue of simply checking the Pickup/Anacrusis property of a measure from the Measure Dialog, which will tell SP to adjust the measure's duration based on its notes, without its time signature being a factor. If you'd like early access, given how tedious the above situation sounds, you may reference this message in an email to us for one of the limited invitations still being sent out.

On the other hand, version 5 already makes it possible to set a measure to over-full, in which case the time signature of the bar will no longer dictate the duration of the entire measure. This will be among the two ways that make it flexible to avoid having to set repetitive time signature changes, and will be included in the manual soon.
  • edited January 2019
    Estoy tratando de cambiar los compases por sistema en la sinfonía pero no encuentro la opción ¿alguien ya consiguió hacerlo?
  • Alguien sabe como cambiar los compases por sistema?

• @josthan
    Ayer proporcionamos la siguiente respuesta por correo electrónico. Además, lo siguiente se tradujo automáticamente al español para proporcionar una aclaración:

- Primero abra el "Measure Dialog" (un menú contextual para editar los atributos de medida o para especificar el inicio de un atributo de puntuación, incluida la clave y la firma de tiempo). Ahora debe abrirse mediante un gesto: un toque rápido con dos dedos en la barra para modificar el atributo de puntuación (en este caso, tiempo de firma)
    - Debajo de la ventana emergente, elija Hora / tecla en la barra de menú en la parte inferior
    - Las firmas de tiempo comunes aparecerán en el selector debajo del encabezado de la clave de tiempo del submenú resultante
    -- Para aplicar cualquier edición dentro de este submenú (incluido el tiempo y la firma de la tecla), simplemente cierre el Measure Dialog al tocar en cualquier lugar fuera de él.

- Alternativamente y además, para personalizar las subdivisiones rítmicas para la transmisión, busque la opción "Customize Meter" navegando a Measure Dialog > Time and Key.

Para obtener más ayuda, estaremos encantados de ayudarle enviando un mensaje a support@symphonypro.net.