Home Support

Shift notes to the left?

How do I shift notes to the left to fill out the measure?
OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
IOS 13.4 iPad Pro 4th gen.

Comments

• OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
  • We're still working on implementing this missing feature.
  • Oh OK. Thanks
    OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
  • I am facing the same problem trying to re-arrange notes for pringting as an aesthetic issue. Would SP offer an auto-arrange or ways to manually adjust the notes in a measure? Would appreciate any help/feedback.
  • edited October 2018
    @Hokaido
    Reflowing of notes (i.e. across incomplete bars) is now supported provided a note selection in Note Adjust Mode, which can be invoked by tapping any selected notehead, or double-tapping next to a selection of multiple notes.

The menu items that will appear next to the selection are specific to this mode. The highlighted editing action will adjust any gaps by shifting forward notes leftward, specifically such that any space at the end of a bar that is incomplete (with either notes or rests) between adjacent measures is adjusted for, as illustrated:

• Thanks SP for quick assistance. I’ve tried this reflow function but got noticed that the bar has been completely reflowed. What I’m trying to do was to move the notes in first bar rightward to leave some blank space at beginning of the song, after the time signature but there seem to be default fixed distance after the barline. Is there a way to manually adjust this?

Great app btw, but I would expect more option with the layout stuff. Thank you for your help.
  • @Hokaido
    Thank you for clarifying. Your description now seems to indicate a layout issue.

– To first make sure that the first measure is completely full, and that the right barline of the first bar doesn't have any extra space to accommodate new notes, we next recommend opening the Measure Dialog (via two finger tap), then applying the Fill with Rests option as follows:

– Following that the layout issue still remains, cutting and pasting the first bar notes entirely over to the second one in this case will reflect a manual way to work around the bug for the time being.

– An example score that is affected by the layout issue would be appreciated as well, sent as a quick email with the attachment of the project.
  • Thank your for quick assisstance! I’ve sent the email so you can take a look.

Cheers,
    Hokaido
  • @Hokaido
    Much appreciated. We'll address the issue soon.