Symphony Pro for iOS
Drum Kit with Handwrite
Hey, I got a handwrite problem, it dosent Show „X“ When i Write drum Kit. Plz fix this bug, Its Reality hurt
edited April 2018
We're currently working on the extending capabilities here to provide notehead recognition. For the time being, the following are key tips for percussion/noteheads, regardless of stylus or Handwriting enabled. All of these touch-based features may not be apparent because they're yet to be included in a dedicated help chapter on drum notation.
– If you want to change any given head on a "Drum Set" staff, you can first select the note and drag vertically to cycle through all of the mapped heads per line position.
– Highlighting the blue indicator that sits at the very left of the part staff is a shortcut to open the Instrument Properties for any given instrument (as illustrated below with the Properties context item).
If you select a percussion stave, these items also provide a shortcut to open the Customize Percussion window (highlighted red), which allows quick reference to which staff position/notehead correspond to which drum piece/sample. This is also important to note because these settings affect importing or exporting via XML/MIDI.
– Also, the menu items that appear above a single
in a drum set staff will now provide an option (highlighted) to set a given notehead as default. This makes initial note placement easier because it will reduce having to transpose afterward to notate the intended head.
– You can also take advantage of the On-Screen Piano in this context, which now reconfigures itself automatically if you place the cursor within a drum staff. Above each key will be a label of the sample name and staff position corresponding to the piano key, similar to a drum pad interface. However, it might currently be necessary to long-press a key on the piano, then choose "Show Staff Positions" in order to set this feature up properly.
– Note: At the same time, rhythm notation will still be recognized by the Handwriting tool, despite the notehead editing steps outlined above