Home Support Symphony Pro

Part extraction and printing

Hello,
I’m enjoying learning the program.  I arranged a clarinet quartet.  The score is set and prints fine.  When I printed the parts there were some problems.  I have yet to find a way to edit the individual parts so they look as professional as the score does.  Each line has a bracket on it and the staffs are at least 2 inches apart.  It is very distracting for the individual player.   Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
s

Comments

• PS:  Also the instrument name is on every line of the individual part. How do I get rid of that?

• @slitwill The brackets issue will be addressed shortly in the following update. If you'd like to download the early access of v5.2, please send us a quick email!
    PS:  Also the instrument name is on every line of the individual part. How do I get rid of that?

You can specify part names on the first line only (and not the following lines) by going under Score Menu > Display Settings. Next, turn off the switch labeled 'Display for Every Line' under the Part/Instrument Names heading.

• Thanks for your response!  I am really enjoying learning to use this app and you’ve got a good thing going here.  Keep up the good work!

s
  • Appreciate the feedback. If the brackets issue or other artifacts are ever tedious, just send a short message over email about downloading the preview release of the next update. This will fix most of the above glitches, along with giving you the opportunity to preview early improvements and features that are still being tested!
  • I want to select a part for printing and combine the rests. How can I manage?