Home General

Pizzicato

edited July 2013 in General
Can I mark solo strings pizzicato?

Comments

• Hi Hugh, Yes you can. Just go into the articulations menu.

Regards,
    Phil
  • Hi Phil,

I'd like to hear pizz on playback, at the moment the strings just play as normal. Am I doing something wrong?

Hugh
  • Please can someone tell me how to hear pizzicato strings on playback because it still plays normal. Can someone help me? Thank you!
  • @SophieMay
    @Hugh

In the next update the two pizzicato indications (written and symbolic) will automatically switch the string sample you're currently using to the plucked sound. One way to keep up to date with when the update will be available is to follow us on facebook (facebook.com/symphonyapp) or twitter (twitter.com/symphonyapp).
  • I have never used articulations but I tried the pizzicato and it sounds really good to me. The problem is I can get it started, but I can’t get it to stop. I thought I applied it to a highlighted set of notes, but it seems not to have paid attention to that. What am I doing wrong? Thanks!
  • edited November 2018
    @thorny
    Under the Articulations toolbar, then opening the Pizzicato Expandable Button (Pizz.), the arco option will restore sampler playback accordingly. This also reflects the standard notation to return to bowing technique.