Home Support
Options

iOS 4 Problem

edited July 2013 in Support
I just updated the app a few minutes ago on my iPad 2 with iOS 4.3.3. The app won't even open now and I am terrified that all of my compositions are gone. Can someone please help me? Music is my life and this is just awful, I need my music back. Thank you for your time.

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Don't delete Symphony Pro from your iPad (doing so will delete all of your projects). Hook your iPad up to your computer, launch iTunes, go to the iTunes File Sharing section, select Symphony Pro, and transfer all your files to your desktop. This will back up all of your files in case something goes wrong.

After backing up your files, go to the Settings app, select SP then turn on the Reset Cache switch. Afterwards, close SP from the multitask bar then relaunch. This will launch SP in a fresh state and will not affect any of your projects. Try it out and tell us how it goes.

If it doesn't work, I think you will have to update to the latest iOS. SP was built and tested around iOS 5 and 6. iOS 4 isn't officially supported.
  • Options
    Thank you for your prompt response, I really appreciate that. I tried your suggestion of resetting the cache and what not, unfortunately it still did not work. I will try updating the iOS, however I'm not sure how to do that ha ha. I assumed that 3.0 will work with my iPad because on the app store page it said it required iOS 4.2 or later, so I thought I'd be safe. Anyway, thank you for your help dthpham, I will tell you if it works. Thank you fir your time!
  • Options
    No problem. It's our mistake. For steps to update to the latest iOS version, please see this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4623 . We're looking forward to your response.