Home General

piano split stave

edited September 2012 in General
Hi all, brand new to the app so am getting used to my way around it. Pease can anyone tell me how to create a split piano stave? I would like to have notes lower than A below middle C to enter onto a bass clef stave, with notes above that on a treble clef stave. So far I have 'added' a stave to an existing one which has given me a bracketed pair of staves but notes appear to stay on the treble clef stave with many ledger lines, not flipping onto the bass clef stage. What have I done wrong?
Thanks in advance!
Andy.

Comments

• I don't think that the program can currently handle cross-staff notation. Maybe in the update?
  • edited October 2012
    I think I responded to you on our Facebook page, but yes, Mikey is correct - it's a maybe at this point. 

It will most likely arrive in version 3.1, and the split point will apply to both real-time and step note entry. This means you no longer have to enter notes one staff at a time for piano pieces.

All the best,
    Phil
  • Seems like in Sympony Pro 6 it still isn't working.  i have tried setting split point both manually at C4 and letting it be the default settings.  Still only tracks on the Treble clef with tons of ledger lines.