Home Support Symphony Pro

4/20 just updated sym pro no sound (IPAD1)

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
Congratulation on getting the update out. Unfortunately, I am unable to get any sound and the volume control no longer work in the app. This could be because I also updated the ios. I also notice that the rotate is buggy, it takes a couple of rotations to get it started. Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• What iOS version are you using?
  • ios 4.3.2 - i even tried to reinstall the program. I can see the curser moving past the notes but not sound and the volume control does not work. The sound in other apps are fine. I just tried to plug the powered speakers in again, this time the volume control works with the external speakers plugged in, but not with the internal speakers. When I open the question mark I see the version is 1.3. None of the demo songs have sound.
  • Hi,

I have tried to assess what may be causing your problems, but couldn't find any. Was there ever any sound output since you last updated? Also, try closing out of the app completely, by returning to the home screen, double-tapping the home screen button, and pressing & holding the Symphony Pro icon. This allows you to do a fresh restart of the app.

Thanks,
    Phil
  • edited April 2011
    Still no sound, from the app. I deleted the app and reinstalled with no result. Did you release the 1.3.1 yet?
  • Ok this is what I now know-
    In Settings>Use side switch to:>lock rotation= no sound (regardless of the position of the switch or rocker volume switch.) All sound, in all other programs work as expected.
    In Settings>Use Side Switch to:>Mute = sound works in symphony pro.
  • I exported a finale 2011 file as a XML and imported it into symphony pro. In most cases the basic single line compositions and piano style worked fine. However, when I attempted to load a large file i.e., 2 violin, 1 viola, 1 cello, 1 bass, 1 guitar and one L&R hand piano, the file imported but when the composition reached Fine, the sound would not cut off. Sometimes I could trick it by re starting and then quickly stopping the song.
  • Ok this is what I now know-
    In Settings>Use side switch to:>lock rotation= no sound (regardless of the position of the switch or rocker volume switch.) All sound, in all other programs work as expected.
    In Settings>Use Side Switch to:>Mute = sound works in symphony pro.

Interesting stuff. I just tried this out on 1.3 and everything is still working for me.
  • This is happening to me now and it is 2021! Was there ever a fix?