Home General

Symphony Pro 3.1 Bugs

edited July 2013 in General
Please post any bugs that you've found in Symphony Pro 3.1 here. Do your best to cover the following details.  We'll try to address all of your feedback as soon as possible, but priority will be given to posts that have the most clarity and issues with the most urgency.

Bug Report Details:

Steps to reproduce the issue
  2. What you expected and what the actual result/issue was
  3. Your iPad model
  4. Your iOS version
  5. Attach a file with your message, if relevant

To upload a file with your post, click the "Attach a file" link right above the Save button when you're composing your message.

Comments

• I've got a 4th Generation iPad, running the latest iOS 6. I am using the latest update of Symphony Pro (3.1)

I'm doing my "usual" test of a notation project, choosing an existing piece and then trying to put it into the program.

For this case, I'm using Handel's "Ombra Mai Fu" from Serse, from a version located on the IMSLP, a version in D Major. I'm skipping the first page and starting with the aria proper at the Larghetto.

So, the first things I do are to set the title, key, and time signature, as well as voicings (Vocal Oohs and a Grand Staff with the piano).

When I start to enter notes, the program crashes. It reopens to a point before I've made any of the changes.

I am trying to enter notes between using the onscreen keyboard and the note values; there are some dotted notes, such as dotted half notes, dotted quarter notes, and dotted eighth notes.

I don't think I am doing anything out of the ordinary so far. With the program. I don't think I can upload the files themselves, as when I go back into Symphony Pro and try opening them, the program just crashes again.

Side note: when I look at the app with scroll view, the time signature and key signatures are messed up in that view. Specifically they appear too small and at the top of each staff.
  • Hello Symphony Pro Developers, sorry to bother you with my posts, I just have an issue with downloading PDF files onto the app. I have an ipad2, ios 6.1.3, and when I view a PDF on my ipad it gives the 'view in symphony pro' option at the top, as usual. Then, after clicking the button I am brought to the app, but the file isn't shown anywhere, it brings me to the bookshelf display, and the file is not there.
    Thank you guys for your time, have a wonderful evening!
  • Also in the Concert Band template, the euphonium doesn't make any sound.
  • I struggled for a long time trying to export to email, following the help instructions.  I eventually discovered that pressing the Edit button when viewing the 'list' view in the Projects menu does not show the row of icons at the top of the page.  The only editing option possible using the list view is to delete projects.  I eventually discovered that the 'bookshelf' view displays all of the options.

Can you please make the edit function work in the same fashion for both project views.

• Ipad 2, ios 6.1.3, in compound time signatures (6/8, etc) the 16th note in the rhythm where there is a dotted eighth, then sixteenth, then eighth isn't depicted correctly. It's depicted as another eighth note. However, when I press the play button, it is being played correctly, just not shown correctly.
    Also, please disregard my question of how to create a custom time signature, I figured it out. However, it doesn't let me beam the notes correctly in 5/8 (and I did find the custom beaming menu). Sorry guys for all the posts, but I hope I'm helping, and you guys have helped me tremendously. Thank you for a wonderful app!
  • Thanks for letting us know. This has been fixed for 3.2.
This discussion has been closed.