Home Support Symphony Pro

Import midi file via URL, IPAD, IOS 4.3

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
When I try to import a midi file by entering the URL, the "Importing Downloading file, please wait" message appears and never finishes the import. I tried this with several different URLs. The file loads fine into a standard web browser (on a PC). Safari on the same IPAD sees the file, but of course doesn't know what to do with it. Any suggestions? Can I transfer the midi files I'd like to use so that they are on the IPAD? (This is the first generation IPAD, btw.) Thanks.

Comments

• We recently discovered a bug that is present on all version of SP where importing a file could fail or succeed by chance - which is what I think is happening here. That bug is now fixed, so you should a huge improvement in the URL importer in the next update in ~1 week, which will also include an option to import from the device.

For now, please support@symphonypro.net us the links that aren't working so I can test them out with development version of SP and possibly help you get them onto your device.
  • edited May 2011
    martyWell wrote:
    When I try to import a midi file by entering the URL,ipad cases the "Importing Downloading file, please wait" message appears and never finishes the import. I tried this with several different URLs. The file loads fine into a standard web browser (on a PC). Safari on the same IPAD sees the file,ipad leather case but of course doesn't know what to do with it. Any suggestions? Can I transfer the midi files I'd ipad 2 caselike to use so that they are on the IPAD? (This is the first generation IPAD, btw.) Thanks.

which is what I think is happening here. That bug is now fixed, so you should a huge improvement in the URL importer in the next update in ~1 week, which will also include an option to import from the device.
  • As it Works-  I use DropBox Public Folder and copy my own music from my computer or devices into my iPad- works great!
    I use Notes app to automatically sync into my iPad / then copy / paste in Symphony.