Home General
Options

Release of version 3.0

edited July 2012 in General
I will like to know when version 3.0 will be released. I have been waiting for it for a long time now. I have a created many songs but cannot email to print because freezing issues. This happens during conversion to PDF to be email. Then App freezes in play mode. If after long time, one touches the face of IPad, App shuts off. Please also look into another bug. Short created song piece cannot be sent as an attached pdf file but rather prints as part of the email message. Thanks.

Jaxticks

Comments

• Options
    Hi Jaxticks. 3.0 will be released around the end of this month (August). Look forward to stability fixes then.

Best,
  • Options
    Hi Phil,

Has v3.0 been released yet? I downloaded Sympony pro to my iPad yesterday and it crashes on practically everything I do - it is completely unusable!

Cheers,

N
  • Options
    Neil,

I replied to your post in "Symphony Pro 3.0" about the beta release.

The update will have significant stability fixes, but since it's not available yet, there are basic things you can do to resolve crashes:

1. Restart the app completely by exiting to the Home Screen and closing the app from from the multitask bar. 
    2. Clear data by going to the Settings on your home screen and selecting Symphony Pro.
    3. In the worst case scenario, back up your Symphony Pro data & projects in iTunes, and reinstall the app by deleting it and downloading it again from the App Store. You will not be re-charged.
    4. Sometimes there is a corrupted file that can never be fixed. If that is the case, send the file to us at support@symphonypro.net, and we'll try our best to recover the files for you using the tools we have.

Best,
    Phil

• Options
    edited September 2012
    I forgot to mention an important detail about #4: You can retrieve corrupted files through iTunes File Sharing.
  • Options
    Thanks Phil, none of the above worked. From reading around I can see there have a very long string of problems with the app that stretch back through various versions. It is clearly very, very unstable and, to be blunt, I really think you should pull the app from iTunes and fix it before charging people for something that you know doesn't work. If it worked it would be fantastic but it doesn't and it's unfair to charge people for it. It seems that people who have already paid for the app are both funding and facilitating the development of it. This is unfair.

I would like my money back. Can you tell me how I go about this please?
  • Options
    Hi Neilx,
    Just some comments from a simple user. I installed Symphony Pro on my Ipad more than 1 year ago. Since then I have been able to use it without major issues (yes during this one year the app crashed a few times, and on some occasions I have lost some work, but overall things went quite ok). For sure the app can still be improved, but as of today there is no other app available that would allow me to do what I am doing with this one.
    If it does not work on your Ipad I understand your frustration, but for thousands of other users it works well. (usually on a forum only unhappy customers post comments...)
    Regards, Quanta
  • Options
    Thanks quanta, I appreciate your comments. I think it comes down to what is an acceptable level of problems. By analogy, if I bought an album off iTunes and only 7/10 tracks could be played I would be annoyed. If I bought a computer game and could only play 7/10 levels, I'd be annoyed. If I bought a tv that turned itself off intermittently, I'd be annoyed. Now, if I later found out that the manufacturer knew there was a reasonable likelihood that I would experience these problems I'd feel ripped off. That's where I'm at with Symphony Pro, and £10.49 might not be a lot of money for some people but it is for me.
  • Options

Hello.

I'm in the middle here.

I didn't give up SPro, because still have positive expectations.

But yes, I've returned to MScore to the more meaningful works, due to SPros crashes, among other faults.

And I'd rather work with the iPad, but it is too risky.

Anyway, I think that SPro team should be more careful with deals and promisses.

I hope v3.0 will clean a lot of these bad issues, it's deliver was promissed to the end of August, today is september 11th, we have nothing, and not a word of explanation.

How much more waiting time will it be? One day, week, month?

Customers deserve more attention.

Regards,

Elio.

• Options
    Thanks Elio. I understand what you are saying but the fact that you say you "didn't give up on SPro, because still have positive expectations" clearly highlights that you were unhappy with the app you received but are hoping that the app developers eventually provide you with the product that you paid for. In what other transaction would you accept this level of service? It boarders on fraud, or, at best, deception; I'm sure the small print will tell me otherwise.

Incidentally, I am still waiting for a reply as I want my money back!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    3.0 is more stable in terms of bugs, and more efficient memory-wise. These are the two issues that have contributed to crashes, so hang in there. 
  • Options
    Sorry Phil but no - I'd prefer my money back and I'll repurchase it when I see you have resolved the problems. How do I go about getting my money back? You have my money but I don't have the product you described - do you think that's fair?
  • Options
    No problem. I sent you an email. 
  • Options
    Hi Phil,

I do understand your frustrations when everyone is jumping on you. You must know that your App has an adaptive flavour that keeps someone like me disturbed, and wonder why the App does not function the way it suppose to.

To be frank, I have the following Apps in addition to yours: "Symphony Evolution", and "Notion". Please be advised although these Apps are complete and difficult to use, yet I still recommend your app SymphonyPro to friends. Please do not disappoint me.

I will be very happy the day you release the version your company are working. I had being waiting for so long, for month September is about to expire while we were expecting the updates in August.

I hope the release will be very, very soon.
    Thanks.

Jaxticks.
  • Options
    Hi Phil,

Today is October 26, 2012. Is SymphonyPro 3.0 released yet as according to symphonypro.net
    Please let me know. Thanks.

Jaxticks.
  • Options
    No one said it was 2012, just Oct 26 LOL
  • Options
    I have been waiting this day for a long time. So, where is Symphony Pro 3.0?
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    He must of forgot about it. I can relate. Sometimes I forget to wake up in the morning. Problem is of course, we didn't forget. I wish I could at this point. I certainly will fairly soon. As Donny said " Forgetaboutit"
  • Options
    No message, nothing. Doesn't bode well for the longevity of this project. Better look elsewhere. There are other alternatives. 
  • Options
    Definitely, I find a little bit disrespectful treating like that your costumers. I guess Avid eventually will release a Sibelius version for IOS, until then, like it was said in the last post, better look elsewhere.
  • Options
    I have been looking forward to the Symphony update/upgrade for a while too. I hope they release a good version very soon.

I have been using Notion for the iPad but it falls very short. Notion keep releasing updates but they do not fix any of the shortcomings. Heck I think Notion releases do nothing updates just to keep the app selling.

Oh we'll, here's hoping Symphony is released very soon......And that it works!
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Maybe he's dead. I hope not. I paid, what like 5 bucks?
  • Options
    I wonder if he submitted the app on the 26th and Apple is in the review stage? I read earlier that the average time between submission by the developer and release by Apple is 9 days for iOS apps and 26 days for iMac programs. I hope that isn't the case. I am really interested in this update....
  • Options
    No, this is something else. Most likely a slight delay with Apple and he's too pissed off about it to post anything.