Home Support Symphony Pro

Converting to AAC/MP3

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
I convert a piece to AAC or MP3 and email it. Playing it back on the computer sounds abysmal compared to the richness of sound on the iPad. What's the story? Not even the dynamics carry through. Why doesn't it play like it does on the iPad? The sound file sounds tinny. Not happy.

Comments

• Read: http://forums.symphonypro.net/viewtopic.php?id=249

A fix will come in 2.2. We already got it to export to WAV exactly as it sounds in the app. We're working on the converter right now.
  • I've just downloaded 2.2.  True the sound is improved, but now it's actually skipping notes in the playback. Extremely disappointing. I've also gone off using the app altogether because alot of my files aren't being saved. when I come back to work on my piece, I discover an older version of my piece - my recent work has gone! this has happened a number of times, no matter how many times I press "save".

• Thank you for fixing the export feature so that high C and above in the treble clef now play in the right octave.  However, tied notes now don't come through as tied--they come through as separate notes.
  • edited November 2011

I've just downloaded 2.2.  True the sound is improved, but now it's actually skipping notes in the playback. Extremely disappointing. I've also gone off using the app altogether because alot of my files aren't being saved. when I come back to work on my piece, I discover an older version of my piece - my recent work has gone! this has happened a number of times, no matter how many times I press "save".

I'm not sure if what you are experiencing is a bug or not. 

We have a document recovery system that backs up every piece you work on and loads it back up if the app is removed from memory via the multi-task bar or in event of a crash. You would have only lost, at most, 5 seconds of work with the system in place. So when you say your recent work is gone, it's only 5 seconds of work right?

Anyways, if you did work in between the backup period and pressed save, all of your work should is still available. You just have to manually open the file from the File menu.
  • When I export a file through email as an mp3 it plays back very fast.
  • I have tried exporting to MP3 and AAC, be it via email or device, and they all play back very fast. First I thought it was just my music but I tried exporting the included Moonlight Sonata and I'm telling you, Beethoven will turn over in his grave if he heard how fast it was being played! :-)

Will this be fixed in 2.3?

• Yes, this will be fixed in 2.3. 
  • I've just downloaded 2.3 and tried exporting to MP3 / email. It is still playing super fast when MP3 attachment is opened.

Does anyone else have the same problem?

• Yes, I had the same problem.