Home Support
Options

MIDI file

For many years I've worked with MIDI files on a PC and have thousands of arrangements. I've managed to transfer to the IPAD now and I'm learning with one file. Does SP not recognise instruments in a MIDI file? I've had to change them all ( managed that!)
The piece I'm working on has different tempos as it is a selection of Gershwin music. The tempos have not been translated from the MIDI file. Is there a way to do this and can I add a rall for example.
I'm using this for a fellow musician to practise for my orchestra (flautist). Is it possible to just display the flute part but play all the other instruments to practise with?
Many thanks for the excellent help on here. (I don't like the IPAD - I'm a Windows 7 expert.- and the IPAD is taking a lot of learning but it's very portable with a clear display and the battery lasts for ages.)

Comments

• Options
    Is it possible to just display the flute part but play all the other instruments to practise with?

Yes, you can do this in particular by:

1. Opening the Instruments Menu from the Navigation Menu

2. Next, highlighting the visible part icon (highlighted in red below) next to the instrument to be set visible

3. Keep in mind that you can specify one or more parts to selectively view in the above step. When done making changes, tap Apply (green) at the left of the navigation bar.