Home General

Mid- bar line breaks??

Hi there. I’d Love to know if I can move Part of a bar onto the next line, I guess you could call it a “mid- bar line-break”, this is something very often used in sacred music e.g. hymns. Is that possible....??.
Amateur musician, harmonica enthusiast and volunteer with HarmonicaUK.

Comments

• @Hilvert
    That's an excellent question, but this unfortunately isn't possible to do yet. We'll have to provide an option (or at least an accommodation) to notate such an example in one our next updates. For the time being, a possible workaround/alternative would be to make it look as if 2 separate bars are a single bar. To do this, you can set a barline invisible for one or more measures, by opening Measure Dialog > Bars, then choosing the option that is highlighted under Bar-Type

• Many Thanks for your reply here, I appreciate that very much indeed.
    thanks also for the suggestion of using invisible bar lines. Yes, that is a good alternative and it makes the score Look great, but Not so great when it comes to play-back and using SP as a practice tool. I have also tried using the anacrusis option, but unfortunately that is not possible and the time signatures get in the way......
    thank you nevertheless, it’s great to see you guys are always on the ball.
  • Maybe, when you guys develop this idea, you could also make mid-bar Repeat signs. But maybe that’s just wishful thinking.....