Home General

Any way to use transposed keyboard to input notes for transposing instruments?

edited August 2014 in General
Hi! Is it possible to use the keyboard input to enter notes for transposing instruments? For example, if I wanted to enter C E G B on an Eb alto staff, would I have to play the concert pitch equivalents on the keyboard (Eb G Bb D) or would playing C E G B with the Eb alto staff selected as input put C E G B on the staff? Thank you.


  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Great question – the case would be the latter. Playing the notes would correspond to the staff position rather than the concert pitch equivalent (i.e. the notes on played on the keyboard are also transposed).
Sign In or Register to comment.