Home Support Symphony Pro
Options

Feature Requests [Old Thread]

Comments

• Options
    Some other requests:

1) a metronome button in the top menubar.

2) be able to stretch or shrink the keyboard horizontally.

3) better drum interface than the keyboard: it's easyier on (editable) pads

My 2¢
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. 

(1) We will consider adding a metronome button. I think it's possible to free-up space on the navigation ba before it is added.
    (2) A customizable keyboard is currently planned. It probably won't be until version 2.5 or later, however.
    (3) The same goes for drum pads.

• Options
    Repeat number 1 or 2 cant be moved or adjuusted... I cant even erase it...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    You definitely need to add Guitar TAB
  • Options
    Guitar TAB will need these features
    - Up to 10 strings
    - PowerTab Import
    - Guitar Pro Import
    - MusicXML ver 3 import; including
      - Bends
      - Slides
      - Whammy Bar
      - Harmonics
      - Artifical Harmonics
      - Hammer ons
      - Pull offs
      - Tapping
      - Pick Strokes
      - Left Hand & Right Hand Fingering
  • Options
    It would be nice to have the ability to lock a score when it has been finalized, so It would not be modified. For example, when I select "Claire de lune", I obviously do not want to modify a piece of art but somehow I always end up adding notes by touching the iPad screen.
  • Options
    @Francois

I like that idea a lot. I went ahead and added your idea to our internal issue tracking system.
  • Options
    This is a great app, I love it!  you guys are doing excellent work!!!     

I wanted to know if you have in your roadmap a plan to display a keyboard that shows finger positions during playback (like Agile Partners did with their app, "TabToolKit")...
  • Options
    Yes, this is a planned feature. First we are going to redo some of the keyboard controls to make way for this feature. You will be able to change the key widths and you will also be able to quickly jump up or down an octave. I'm not sure which version this will be added in at the moment.
    This is a great app, I love it!  you guys are doing excellent work!!!     

I wanted to know if you have in your roadmap a plan to display a keyboard that shows finger positions during playback (like Agile Partners did with their app, "TabToolKit")...

• Options
    @Snake: We're in the process of incorporating tablature into Symphony Pro. It will support most articulations, as well as import & export (starting with MusicXML).

Best,
  • Options
    hi Phil...any thoughts/updates to report regarding a jazz font being incorporated for lead sheet creation?

Keep up the great work!
    :)

• Options
    edited April 2012
    According to this thread, the SATB templates have been promised for over a year. Can you tell us when those will be released? And, is there a temporary fix in the meantime?
  • Options
    SATB will definitely be out by the next version. Our planned release date is in the beginning of July.

Regards,
  • Options
    Thanks for your response. I'm having trouble with the lyric tool as well. I didn't find specific instructions for using it. It seems to want to pile everything on the first note. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    Are you tapping the NEXT key between words? That will move the insertion carat to the next note.
  • Options
    That works - thanks again.
  • Options
    Couple of features come to my mind
    1) improved navigation through markers - the ability to define custom markers for differentpoints in the music, and the ability to jump to a marker quickly
    2) instruments - ablity to define a synthesizer instrument present on the same device as an instrument on a track
    3) improved navigation through clips: defining a range of measures as a clip, and ability to do quick copy-paste at clip level.

Thanks,
    Rajesh
  • Options
    Basis a separate thread, where i had raised this query, i would like to suggest a more customisable file system as a feature request

Rajesh
  • Options
    Hi, while you are thinking about DropBox and MobileMe, what about WebDav (personal clouds), SugarSync & CloudMe (ex iCloud) support !
    +1 more for the WebDAV please!
  • Options
    You should make the app so the user can tie notes together
  • Options
    You can add ties and slurs, already. Are you having problems with this?
  • Options
    I just started working with Symphony Pro today and overall I'm pretty impressed however the stemming behavior makes things extremely frustrating. I primarily write drum set notation and the following things would make this app invaluable and would save a lot of time:

1. Allow me to set a default stem direction for ALL measures, not just one note grouping at a time. I tend to write composited parts with all notes grouped and all stemming the same direction (which is pretty typical for drum set notation). I really need to be able to automatically have all the stems go up, all the time, for the whole piece.
    2. Stop randomly discarding stem directions. It seems to just randomly reset to default stem directions for some bars and I can't tell how this triggers. All of a sudden I look back at a bar and the stems are down again. When I edit to reset them, the spinner already shows the stems as UP so I have to unselect UP and reselect it before it will stem up again. So much time is lost fixing stuff this way.

Thanks.
  • Options
    One more issue related to stem directions…

Please preserve the stem directions after copy-n-paste. The ability to copy notes and whole measures is awesome but made more tedious by the fact that pasted notes always reset to the default stem directions.

Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I just started working with Symphony Pro today and overall I'm pretty impressed however the stemming behavior makes things extremely frustrating. I primarily write drum set notation and the following things would make this app invaluable and would save a lot of time:

1. Allow me to set a default stem direction for ALL measures, not just one note grouping at a time. I tend to write composited parts with all notes grouped and all stemming the same direction (which is pretty typical for drum set notation). I really need to be able to automatically have all the stems go up, all the time, for the whole piece.
    2. Stop randomly discarding stem directions. It seems to just randomly reset to default stem directions for some bars and I can't tell how this triggers. All of a sudden I look back at a bar and the stems are down again. When I edit to reset them, the spinner already shows the stems as UP so I have to unselect UP and reselect it before it will stem up again. So much time is lost fixing stuff this way.

Thanks.
    Thanks for the suggestion and bug report. They will both be addressed in the next version.
    One more issue related to stem directions…

Please preserve the stem directions after copy-n-paste. The ability to copy notes and whole measures is awesome but made more tedious by the fact that pasted notes always reset to the default stem directions.

Thanks.
    I will look into fixing this as well. I thought that stems should be preserved for copy/paste, but maybe not in all cases.

Thanks,
    Phil
  • Options
    Cool app, but I lost a bit of work from a crash. Now I export every so often.

Is auto-save possible or would that be overkill?

Anyways, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    Greetings,

Autosave is already there, which runs every minute or so. The next version will also fix most of the crashes you're experiencing.
  • Options
    Any news on the upgrade for the Symphony iPhone app?
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Not at this immediate time. We are spending the majority of our efforts in bringing Symphony Pro up-to-speed on the iPad. 

Don't hesitate to sign up for our newsletter at symphonypro.net, and please continue to check our forums for updates on where we're headed.

Regards,
    Phil
  • Options
    A suggestion for chord entry... this could be made much faster if you were to to add buttons for the more common numbers (7, 6, 9, 13?) to the top row of the keyboard to avoid the need to select the numlock button.

Keep up the good work.  The new version is great!

Thanks
  • Options
    Hello, I'm sorry if this was already mentioned, as I did not read all of the comments posted, but would it be possible for there to be a way to have multiple time signatures at the same time? For example, have the woodwinds be playing in 6/8 while the brass play 2/4? I've seen this before in a concert band piece and I unfortunately cannot remember it's name, but it created an interesting hemiola effect that I would like to try to experiment with, and I'm sure others would find useful as well. I understand how say, a 2/4-3/4 combination wouldn't be feasible, but I think my previous example would work.
    Anyway, thank you for your time! I appreciate your guys' work making this app spectacular!