Home Support Symphony Pro

Midi keyboard issues

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
The firs couple of times i ran the program it would say midi detected even though it wasn't

Now with a midi keyboard connected, it doesn't find while garage band and
piano pro do

Did i disable something accidentally?

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Off topic but can't see how to post. Downloaded new version. Opened an old song, and program always crashes. Force quitting app doesn't help. Auto loads old song, then crashes. What to do please?
  • Off topic but can't see how to post. Downloaded new version. Opened an old song, and program always crashes. Force quitting app doesn't help. Auto loads old song, then crashes. What to do please?

That's odd. Seems like other users were able to update fine. You sould backup all of your files onto your computer via iTunes File Sharing, then delete the app and reinstall from the App Store. This will clear the cache and remove all the SP documents, so double check you have everything backed up before doing this. After reinstalling, launch the app to make sure it works. It should. Finally, add all of your files back from iTunes.

Tell us how it goes.
  • Purdyd wrote:
    The firs couple of times i ran the program it would say midi detected even though it wasn't
    piano pro do

Hi Purdyd,

A midi device will be detected if there's any sort of midi input, including through a network to your iPad if you're using an app like TouchOSC.

If you hit "Disable" in the midi input alert menu, you can re-enable midi keyboard input by going to settings (gear icon at top) and then turning on "Midi/USB Input."

Best,
    Phil
  • Symphony wrote:
    Purdyd wrote:
    piano pro do

Hi Purdyd,

A midi device will be detected if there's any sort of midi input, including through a network to your iPad if you're using an app like TouchOSC.

If you hit "Disable" in the midi input alert menu, you can re-enable midi keyboard input by going to settings (gear icon at top) and then turning on "Midi/USB Input."

Best,
    Phil

thanks for that tip, and all the timely help you provide on this forum - a real selling point for your product

I simply resinstaled everything and it worked, there was actually nothing else connected when it detected a midi keyboard, not even to a network and no touchosc

and like i said, garage band and piano pro would work with the keyboard but not symphony pro

hopefully that won't happen again

anyway awesome product with the new midi keyboard support
  • Thanks for following up. It might be necessary in the future to manually turn on midi input if the iPad is detecting a device when there isn't one.

Phil
  • edited October 2011
    Symphony wrote:
    Thanks for following up. It might be necessary in the future to manually turn on midi input if the iPad is detecting a device when there isn't one.

Phil

Ok i see it now

If you startup without a midi keyboard and it asks you if you want to enable and say no it disables again until you enable thru

Tap the gear

Under other ->settings

And then the trick is you have to scroll down to find enable midi

My humble suggestion would be to break that into two different pages so there is not a need to scroll
  • Thanks for your suggestion Purdyd. We will definitely figure out a way to make it easier to enable midi. (In the next version, midi keyboard will be disabled by default, and the user will have to turn it on manually).