Home Support Symphony Pro

Import PDF fails

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
I'm having trouble importing PDFs from from the Mail app. After I hit the "open with" in Mail, I get taken to Symphony Pro and am presented with a "process" button. I hit that and processing seems to begin, but it always fails about 3/4 of the way in. When it fails, it gives me some weird message about the network connection breaking -- which seems irrelevant. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• When I import PDF scores, one of two things happen: I get the same message dpowsner gets or it successfully completes processing, and then when I go to open it, the app crashes. It happens every time.
  • Hey all, please read my post about this here.
  • Problem still not solved, and it doesn't appear to be addressed in the upcoming update.
  • edited November 2011
    Problem still not solved, and it doesn't appear to be addressed in the upcoming update.
    Improvements are planned for 2.3. We'll begin working on it after 2.2 is submitted tomorrow night.
  • If you are trying unsuccessfully to import a pdf with multiple pages, you can try splitting the pdf into 1 page per document on your computer and then try importing one page at a time. You can also try resizing large images or pdfs on your computer before importing into Symphony Pro for the time being.

If the pdf imports successfully, and you are able to see the XML file in the Open menu, but the app crashes when you open the XML file, then please email me that file at support@symphonypro.net. It's likely that the XML crash dpowsner mentioned has already been fixed for 2.2.
  • Having similar problems, multiple page PDF throws up network error message, followed steps to split large file, then conversion to XML failed. XML from another single page piece fails as well
  • Midi, XML and Pdf don't work. I had try several formats. I time i become a midi song but then the score was not good. So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • There will be some improvements to image import in the 2.3 update.
  • I cannot get any pdf files to process. Goes about halfway thru and gives this message: Network error. Receiving failed. Please try again later. does anyone know a fix or what i need to do to process the file? I am using version 2.2
  • edited January 2012
    Posted in a relevant discussion:
    This feature is buggy at the moment but there are plans to improve it in the near future (we've marked it as a high priority item in our internal bug tracker). In fact, we recently submitted the 2.3 update, that will be available for download sometime next week, that includes improvements to it, including many crash fixes and increased accuracy.

As evidence of the improvements, it can finally import the first page of Solace very well. For example, thisimage when imported in 2.2 will crash, but if you do it in 2.3, it will produce this.

I recommend trying importing the same file that's giving you problems again in 2.3, and if it's not working as you expect it to, send it over to us at support@symphonypro.net, and we'll take a look at it.

• I have version 2.3.2 and I get the same message "Network error.Receiving failed. Please try again later."
    I am importing a pdf file that was converted from muscore to PDF file.On another file all I get is the measures and some notes, but no chord symbols  or melody notes. Do I need to set import preferences?

• Latest Version, latest ipad, same here, big disappointment!
  • Yes, me too, I have latest version on the new Ipad and same thing happend. Looks like it´s impossible to import PDF or Midi Files.

Please fix this!
  • edited April 2012
    @david_chiu

MIDI has been fixed in 2.3.3. Check out our preview post.
  • Not only has the problem not been fixed, when I go to the import menu under Share, the option of importing "Image" no longer exists. I can only import from a website or by downloading. What is going on?
  • edited April 2012
    Not only has the problem not been fixed, when I go to the import menu under Share, the option of importing "Image" no longer exists. I can only import from a website or by downloading. What is going on?
    It was cluttering up the Share menu. Besides, you can still import PDFs from the File menu just like every other file. Instructions on how to do this is in the manual.