Home Support Symphony Pro

Crashes when sending file

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
Since the latest update, my app crashes when I try to send a file. I could send before, but the notes weren't formatted like they were on the screen.

Comments

• I have the same problem. Symphony pro crashes when I try to export to xml via either email or any other way. Was really hoping to use this so I can import the files in Finale.
  • Is it crashing for all files or only for a specific file?
  • I was able to email a PDF successfully exactly once, but next time I tried, the dialog box hung around forever and ultimately did not send the file. Now I cannot email ANY file type to any email address. However I can retrieve a PDF via iTunes (phew!) . At this point I suspect a delete and reinstall of the Symphony Pro app is in order, but it warns me that I will lose all my data!! What do you recommend?
    THanks,
    Jon
    PS in general I love this app! I do hope you can develop a lyrics track soon...
  • dthpham wrote:
    Is it crashing for all files or only for a specific file?

It crashes for xml files. I tested other files and it appears to send them but then nothing is sent...!
    I suppose it goes through my mail and it is sent upp correctly. Also entered right mail in the little box in Symphomy Pro.
  • Nicatnite wrote:
    I was able to email a PDF successfully exactly once, but next time I tried, the dialog box hung around forever and ultimately did not send the file. Now I cannot email ANY file type to any email address. However I can retrieve a PDF via iTunes (phew!) . At this point I suspect a delete and reinstall of the Symphony Pro app is in order, but it warns me that I will lose all my data!! What do you recommend?
    THanks,
    Jon

You can force quit the app by removing the app from the multitasking bar.
    1. Double tap the Home button to bring up the Multitasking bar
    2. Press and hold anywhere on the multitasking bar until the icons on it start to wiggle.
    3. While they are wiggling, each icon has a Minus sign symbol above it.
    4. Press the Minus symbol above the Symphony Pro icon.
    5. [/list:o] This closes the app, removes it from memory, and lets you start off with a fresh application state on the next launch. You should do this whenever the app appears to be hanging or frozen. I would never recommend a delete and reinstall. You should only do that when the app fails to launch on startup. If you ever need to do this, you should backup all of your files using iTunes File Sharing from iTunes > Devices > Apps > Symphony Pro. All of your documents will be listed. From there you can drag and drop all of them to your desktop. You will be able to add them back after re-installing.
  • Lars wrote:
    dthpham wrote:

It crashes for xml files. I tested other files and it appears to send them but then nothing is sent...!
    I suppose it goes through my mail and it is sent upp correctly. Also entered right mail in the little box in Symphomy Pro.

That's odd. There was a bug in SP 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 where the app would always crash when exporting certain XML files and the app would always crash when exporting to email in 1.3 to 1.3.2. The latest version fixed most of the major bugs related to exporting. So, upgrade to the latest version of iOS (4.3.4) and the app (1.3.3) if you have not done so already and then try again.

If it's still not working, send us an email to support@symphonypro.net and tell us the address you were sending to and, if possible, attach the file you were trying to send.
  • Hi thanks, but it doesn't freeze at all, just reports successful email send (but sends nothing) and returns control to me. That's the odd thing. No more hangs after that first time, just inability to actually send anything. I tested several different files including one consisting of 1 note on a page! I've also force quit dozens of times , quit other apps to free up memory, even powered down and rebooted the iPad etc. to no avail. My mail app works fine, so it doesn't appear to be related to sendmail itself (or whatever daemon they use) . Thanks, Jon
    dthpham wrote:
    Nicatnite wrote:
    I was able to email a PDF successfully exactly once, but next time I tried, the dialog box hung around forever and ultimately did not send the file. Now I cannot email ANY file type to any email address. However I can retrieve a PDF via iTunes (phew!) . At this point I suspect a delete and reinstall of the Symphony Pro app is in order, but it warns me that I will lose all my data!! What do you recommend?
    THanks,
    Jon

Since the app is hanging on the dialog box, you can force quit the app by removing the app from the multitasking bar. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.

This closes the app, removes it from memory, and lets you start off with a fresh application state on the next launch. You should do this whenever the app appears to be hanging or frozen.

I would never recommend a delete and reinstall. You should only do that when the app does not launch on startup. If you ever need to do this, you can backup all of your files using iTunes File Sharing from iTunes > Devices > Apps > Symphony Pro. All of your documents will be listed. From there you can drag and drop all of them to your desktop.
  • Nicatnite wrote:
    Hi thanks, but it doesn't freeze at all, just reports successful email send (but sends nothing) and returns control to me. That's the odd thing. No more hangs after that first time, just inability to actually send anything. I tested several different files including one consisting of 1 note on a page! I've also force quit dozens of times , quit other apps to free up memory, even powered down and rebooted the iPad etc. to no avail. My mail app works fine, so it doesn't appear to be related to sendmail itself (or whatever daemon they use) . Thanks, Jon
    dthpham wrote:
    Nicatnite wrote:
    THanks,
    Jon

Since the app is hanging on the dialog box, you can force quit the app by removing the app from the multitasking bar. Instructions on how to do this can be found here.

This closes the app, removes it from memory, and lets you start off with a fresh application state on the next launch. You should do this whenever the app appears to be hanging or frozen.

I would never recommend a delete and reinstall. You should only do that when the app does not launch on startup. If you ever need to do this, you can backup all of your files using iTunes File Sharing from iTunes > Devices > Apps > Symphony Pro. All of your documents will be listed. From there you can drag and drop all of them to your desktop.

Hey Jon. The server might have been down at that time. Try emailing again now. I just tested it by sending a file to my email and to the email you registered with for the forums and it looks like it's working.
  • Hi!

It seems to work now. Must have been what you wrote to Nicatine that : "The server might have been down at that time."
    I also think the file I tried to send got corrupted in a crash earlier. So it worked fine with a new file.
    Great. Works good to open XML file in Finale. A very good feature.

Looking forward to the 2.0 update!

/Lars

dthpham wrote:
    Lars wrote:
    dthpham wrote:

That's odd. There was a bug in SP 1.3.1 and 1.3.2 where the app would always crash when exporting certain XML files and the app would always crash when exporting to email in 1.3 to 1.3.2. The latest version fixed most of the major bugs related to exporting. So, upgrade to the latest version of iOS (4.3.4) and the app (1.3.3) if you have not done so already and then try again.

If it's still not working, send us an email to support@symphonypro.net and tell us the address you were sending to and, if possible, attach the file you were trying to send.