Home Support Symphony Pro

Couple of Songs I've Scored

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
Hi All
I've been fooling around on Symphony Pro and have got some songs down, including...
The Simpsons
The Kraken (From Pirates of the Carribbean)
Discombobulate (Sherlock Holmes [Movie] Theme)
Main Halo Theme (Theme from the video game "Halo")
The Maw (Also from "Halo")
A Walk in the Woods (Also from "Halo")

The music for the simpsons, the kraken, and all the halo themes were made by Menno Deelen
He has fantastic video's over on his youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/DamNMiniAlien

Just finished the 3 halo pieces tonight, (because it's Bungie Day)

The downloads for these are found at:

http://symphonyproappscores.4shared.com/

In both .PDF and .sym

Have fun guys!

-Brämen

Will Repost on this topic when I have more scores... I'm currently working on "Clocks" by Coldplay.

Comments

• Braemen wrote:
    Hi All
    I've been fooling around on Symphony Pro and have got some songs down, including...
    The Simpsons
    The Kraken (From Pirates of the Carribbean)
    Discombobulate (Sherlock Holmes [Movie] Theme)
    Main Halo Theme (Theme from the video game "Halo")
    The Maw (Also from "Halo")
    A Walk in the Woods (Also from "Halo")

Just finished the 3 halo pieces tonight, (because it's Bungie Day)

The downloads for these are found at:

http://symphonyproappscores.4shared.com/

In both .PDF and .sym

Have fun guys!

-Brämen

Will Repost on this topic when I have more scores... I'm currently working on "Clocks" by Coldplay.
    I personally don't care but I'm not sure you're allowed to publish such piano scores of copyrighted material as you do. In my opinion only lead sheets are free to publish. Then you'd better wait for the 2.0 version of Symphony Pro and it's chord feature to legally resume your publishing activity :)

You will learn more about this copyright issue on Wikifonia an interesting lead sheets collaborative sharing website for musicians. From Wikifonia you can download MXL files that you can import in Symphony Pro after à little trick to extract the MusicXML root: replace the .mxl extension by a .zip one, unzip the resulting archive and you'll find the xml file inside the generated folder. Import and enjoy!
  • I personally don't care but I'm not sure you're allowed to publish such piano scores of copyrighted material as you do. In my opinion only lead sheets are free to publish. Then you'd better wait for the 2.0 version of Symphony Pro and it's chord feature to legally resume your publishing activity :)

You will learn more about this copyright issue on Wikifonia an interesting lead sheets collaborative sharing website for musicians. From Wikifonia you can download MXL files that you can import in Symphony Pro after à little trick to extract the MusicXML root: replace the .mxl extension by a .zip one, unzip the resulting archive and you'll find the xml file inside the generated folder. Import and enjoy!

Actually I found the .pdf to all of these scores from another person online, I didn't want to do anything illegal so I only posted the scores he has on there.
    I was a bit surprised they weren't taken down, I know one score he had was taken down, but these seem to be okay for the time being.
    He has put a whole piano cover of the songs so I'm guessing they're protected by fair use.

The link was

http://www.4shared.com/dir/6406850/b253a78e/sharing.html

My hobby is basically writting these down so I could play then in symphony pro, and if I get a beta code I'd be testing the new version.
    I could come in contact with the person who covered these, he seems like a good person so I'll throw him an e-mail asking if this is alright.

Thanks for the concern
    -Brämen
  • Don't be afraid. Just be careful. I find too a lot of pdf sheets music on the net. In my opinion the Wikifonia solution is worth; legal and useful. More: it's a place one can search and find a lot of tunes. Think of sharing on this site your copies or transcriptions made with Symphony Pro 2.0. :)
  • Don't be afraid. Just be careful. I find too a lot of pdf sheets music on the net. In my opinion the Wikifonia solution is worth; legal and useful. More: it's a place one can search and find a lot of tunes. Think of sharing on this site your copies or transcriptions made with Symphony Pro 2.0. :)

Just took a glance at Wikifonia, pretty neat site I think I'll use it for these. Really interested in how to change .musicxml to other forms, hopefully I'll find something by googling.
    I'll continue the 4shared account as I do have permission at this time, but soon I'll probably find myself just on wikifonia come symphony pro 2.0
    Thanks for the info, I think I'll just let this topic die down, and start another topic soon for more scores.