Home Support Symphony Pro
Options

problems with "Multi-Measure Rests"

I've been learning SP5 on my iPad-pro for the past few days. The only thing i'm struggling with is the Multi-Measure Rests commands. I can execute the command both ways listed in the manual but if i have a repeat sign at the beginning of the Multi-Measure Rest, the program puts a whole rest after the repeat with a (1) then groups the rest of the measures after that. when i export a pdf, it creates a space between the measures like starting a new staff, then bleeds off the page. I must be doing something wrong...??

Comments

• Options
    but if i have a repeat sign at the beginning of the Multi-Measure Rest, the program puts a whole rest after the repeat with a (1) then groups the rest of the measures after that. 
    Thanks for letting us know, this will be fixed in the next update.
    when i export a pdf, it creates a space between the measures like starting a new staff, then bleeds off the page. I must be doing something wrong...??

This is no doubt a bug: let us know how many staves were in the score, and if possible, forwarding a project file to support@symphonypro.net will be the most helpful info in fixing it quickly. 

• Options
    I even don’t find this command, could somebody help?
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @bjansen
    The most straightforward & convenient solution here is to try the following first:
    1. Place a single whole rest where you'd like the multi-rest to begin.
    2. In Select mode, tap to highlight the rest. You should then see the highlighted menu item
    3. This option reflects the most automatic way of notating multi-rests currently, whereby you can now specify its value/duration by adding consecutive whole rests following the Measure in Step 1. 
    4. Likewise, you can shorten the rest one bar at a time by selecting the multi-rest, then choosing the Delete menu item (or alternatively, the Delete key from the Navigation).

We hope this clarifies; incidentally, you can look for improved flexibility & automation here – by the following update this month. 
  • Options
    Hi,
    I found it but I’m still not happy.
    The number is shown above the rest, but the following rests are still there. If I delete them, the measure numbers would be incorrect.
    I have a huge score written down and I want to extract the parts. If I print them as PDF I can’t do anything about the rests. Imagine a part, where a tuba player has 20 bars rest which are not compressed. I would like to extract the parts as Symphony Pro project and to have then a working tool to compress the rests with the correct measure number
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I would like to extract the parts as Symphony Pro project and to have then a working tool to compress the rests with the correct measure number

Are you referring here to a way for automatically collapsing empty measures? You are welcome to send us a quick message if you'd like early access to upcoming updates, the next of which will offer this feature (more info can be found here). In either case, we'd certainly appreciate a forwarded copy of the score for testing the feature and resolving remaining bugs involving complex arrangements.