Home Support Symphony Pro

How to import WITHOUT transpositioning ?

Hello,

I play the Clarinet in Bb.

I input the scores in MuseScore, then save in MusicXML.  But when I import them in Symphony Pro, it transposes them and what I see on the screen is not the original I have in MuseScore.

How do I specify SymphonyPro NOT to transpose when Importing.

Futhermore, in MuseScore, I tailor the stems, but Importing doesn't respect that either.

Help would be welcome.

Cheers,

Richard

Comments

• Hi Richard, we're looking into both issues. For the time being, one workaround for transposition is to turn off the concert pitch setting after importing from xml. You can find the switch under the Score Menu, as highlighted below:

• Hi,

This helped a bit.

On simple scores, it works much better, but there is still stuff missing.  All the text entered in boxes didn't get imported.

On more complicated scores, it changed notes : a D# being converted to an Eb - that's the same note, but !  A Bb being converted to B, that's not the same note, strange.

Furthermore, a rest bar of N measure is replaced by a N measures with rest.

I can send you the .mscz and .xml files, maybe MuseScore is not converting correctly to .xml !!!

Cheers,

Richard

• Hi Richard,

On more complicated scores, it changed notes : a D# being converted to an Eb - that's the same note, but !  A Bb being converted to B, that's not the same note, strange. 

This is unfortunately expected when using the above workaround (turning off Concert Pitch). We'd definitely find an example MuseScore project useful for patching the issue and preventing pitch information & other elements from being lost, so we hope you'll provide an attachment when you have an opportunity!

• Sent via email.

Cheers,

Richard