Home Support Symphony Pro

Shift notes how?

I did a search for "shift notes" but found no answer.
I have two half notes in my first measure and need to change them to quarter notes now I need all remaining notes in the following measures to shift to the left to fill the empty space (time). How can this be done?
Thanks.
OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
IOS 13.4 iPad Pro 4th gen.

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Hi Robert, There isn't currently a way to shift notes to the left in a single action, this can only be done when moving notes to the right, by inserting a new note (with the desired note value) behind existing note(s) with the input cursor or crosshair.

Moving notes to the left currently takes several steps, and they are the following:

1. Open the Copy/Paste (http://symphonypro.net/manual#b'cut-copy-and-paste) menu from the start of the region you want to move backwards
    2. Drag the bottom-right handle of the menu toward the right, so that it selects all of the notes you want to move back.
    3. Tap 'Cut' on the selection
    4. Re-open the Copy/Paste menu on the location you want to paste (i.e. where the region should begin).
    5. Tap 'Paste' to re-insert the region that was cut in step 3. If you specified the correct paste location in step 4, the notes that you cut will now be shifted left with the desired number of beats.

As always, let us know if you need any clarification. You should also look forward to improvements in the above process (dragging and nudge actions) so that it's a lot less tedious.
  • Thanks
    OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
    IOS 13.4 iPad Pro 4th gen.