Home Support

How to change the order of the instruments

I couldn't find this asked/answered elsewhere. In my composition, I currently have flute, marimba and a grand staff piano. They appear in that order, from top to bottom. Now I need to add another instrument and have it appear between the piano and the marimba. However, when I add a new instrument, it appears below the piano by default. How can I change the order of the instruments? I've tried grouping to see if I can accomplish the reorder, but that doesn't work. Is there an easy way to accomplish this without having to copy/paste a bunch of stuff?

Comments

• edited April 2015
    Hi Anya,

You can change the order of the instruments in your score inside the Tracks Menu. If you tap "Edit" on the top-right, you will see handles on the staff entries, as illustrated below. Dragging these handles will get you move newly added instruments to where you want.

https://cl.ly/image/2v362z3g2m2m

We will make this capability easier to spot. If there's anything I can clarify, let me know :)
  • Thank you! That's exactly what I was looking for. I only saw the 'delete' option under 'Edit' but do see the handles now that you've pointed it out. Thanks again.
  • You're more than welcome Anya!