Home Support Symphony Pro

Feature Requests [Old Thread]

12346»

Comments

• Quick save button and auto save
  • I am a former note flight user and these features are ones they have and some they didn't that I would love to see come to this program I love this app it is amazing sorry for blowing up your chat forum I hope you take my suggestions and add them to the app
    Thank you for creating the app!!!!
  • ANOTHER request was reading some other forum and saw the last version had arrows to move the note up and down easier that would be a great feature to add back
  • Different fonts and colors for the score name and score text
  • Rhythm sensor that you can tap out a rhythm and it notates it for you
  • edited June 2014
    When moving notes up and Down have a whole step option as well as the half step
  • I need this app to work with audiobus
  • edited June 2014
    @Yellow15 We love your feedback and are taking almost all of them into consideration. We also registered your bug reports. Thank you so much!

@Bandit This is in fact a planned feature! 

• All sound good. Multi measure rests is a big one for me...
  • If You allow me to add something to the list of wishes...??

Could I ask if it's possible to change the instrument names to free text??
    when I write a score for our harmonica ensemble, I choose some of the existing 118 voices for every bar, just for play-back purposes so it sounds nice when I listen to my score. But... I would like the ability to change the instrument names without changing the instrument, e.g. "H-1", "H-2" and "H-3" for the 3 different harmonica parts, or "12-Hole", "16-Hole", "Chords", things like that.
    Amateur musician, harmonica enthusiast and volunteer with HarmonicaUK.
  • In the score menu, put a simple toggle switch that would highlight voice leading errors in red (parallel 8ves/5ths, unresolved 7ths/leading tones). All it takes is a simple algorithm and your app would be refined to that next level! Thanks!
  • Setting the Page length in "Display settings" is nothing short of a Nightmare in my opinion, particularly on my iPad. It takes a Lot of effort to get the page endings right before Saving the score as a PDF into iBooks.
    Page Breaks Please, and an option to Fit a selection onto a page autimatically would be a Real bonus.
    Thank You.
  • The app is so buggy that it took me hours to write few bars (signs disappearing, bars disappearing with a copy and paste, freezing on export image etc..)
    The main missing feature is relyability together with a decent user interface! No logic for the placement of many many functions.
    I'm a teacher and pro musician.
    I bought the app few days ago, and I'm not happy with it.
    Sorry
  • I would like to see an easier way to set the loop right in the editing/playback screen. On the iPod / iphone.
    OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
    IOS 13.4 iPad Pro 4th gen.
  • Easier loop playback.setting so you could stay in the edit / playback window. And set the loop cycle from there.
  • 5:18AM in Symphony Pro
    Metronome on during rehearsal ( non recording) a way to have the metronome on during playback and or recording.
  • @uncle808us It looks like we've made some definite improvements to setting loops for the iPhone app. In the next update, you can use the copy/paste menu to define your loop endpoints using a new menu option that will appear on that menu.

Regarding metronome volume: please refer to our reply to your other forum post.
  • That sounds great! looking forward to the update.
  • cloud saves
  • @Irishukulele This is certainly coming. Thanks for your feedback.
  • Hi! Sorry for the incoming lengthy post. I consider myself a serious composer, and I've been searching for a fantastic iOS app for composition, and I'm super excited to have finally found it! Some suggestions:

1. Create an option to alter tempo based on note value. In 6/8 time, tempo should be measured by the dotted quarter note, rather than the default quarter note.

2. Customizable beat groupings. In 7/8, I may choose to group 2+3+2, or 3+2+2

I'm still playing around with the app, and I'm most looking forward to testing the export feature to MusicXML. I'm am avid Finale user, and while most of my finishing touches will occur there, I can definitely see myself writing a perfectly publishable piece with this. Thanks guys!
  • I just bought Symphony Pro.
    Is there any plan to include free hand score annotation in the next future?
  • @lightburstmusic

Thanks for your suggestions. We're glad you're liking SP otherwise! If you haven't found it already, for #1 however, you can currently set a dotted quarter pulse under Score Menu > Time Signature.

@psa55

Not at this time unfortunately.
  • Hi everyone.
    Is it possible to put a Repeat Bar in the middle of a measure??
    At the moment I do this by using Two bars, change the tempo, and make Both bars into an anacrusis, but the problem is that you get different tempo indications to show up, which looks confusing, or messy at the least...
    Or if this is Not an available option, can I set tempo indicators as Invisible??
  • @Hilvert Mid-measure repeat signs were requested in a few instances before, but aren't available yet. The workaround you described is definitely tedious, and we'll do our best to accommodate your needs. Ability to make tempo change markings invisible is already planned, and you should see this feature first in the near future.
  • edited May 2015
    Hi, great application guys.

I'm french professor and compositor so I use it a lot. Here are a few additions that would be much appreciated :

* Glissando not just between two notes but before and after a note.
    * Can set the sounds of drumkit on each line.
    * Unbarred appoggiatura (so on the beat).
    * Button to add automatically silences where there has empty beats and measures.
    * Mute and Solo buttons on the mixer and button to on/off metronome in addition to the volume already present.
    * Palm mute, hammer, pull-off, bends (1/4,1/2,3/4) and harmonics (natural,artificial) symboles (with if possible the sound effect in playback).
    * Bugs formulary on app with a means to transmit an screen impression by a attachment.
    * Connect the stantard writing box at the staff and measure desired (like for the strength indication)
    * Autosave on Icloud.
    * Making invisible measures (very useful when an instrument is not playing before half of the composition for example).
    * Able to put a subtitle to the composition (useful to indicate a album).

That's for now, I will not hesitate to return said other elements.
    If you want to contact me directly to discuss to this, no problem: contact@fredericmodine.com
  • edited May 2015
    Bluetooth support would be great! Currently, I can listen using bluetooth headphones; however, it would be nice if you could add basic navigation controls such as, play, stop, & skip back. Also, be able to listen while iPhone/iPad screen is off (currently, playback halts when the screen is turned off - unit in standby).

Thanks!
  • @spirius Incredible thanks for your feedback. Most of what you listed are top-priority features that will become available soon, but a few others are new, great suggestions. We would like to return to you via email or forums within the next few weeks, and would love to have a discussion.

@gbrettell We're still working on functionality for Bluetooth support, particularly with MIDI first, but there is no definitive answer here yet. As you might be aware, there still are many difficulties that developers and users have to overcome to make reliable use of the variety of potential devices. Nevertheless, both wireless (Bluetooth) and non-wireless input for the navigation tasks you mentioned are features we've been working on.

We've received a lot of great feedback from you via email over the past months and appreciate your exceptional support. If you're interested in the beta, you are always welcome to request an invitation.
  • This thread is now retired. Please use the new thread at the following link: http://forums.symphonypro.net/index.php?p=/discussion/2373/feature-requests-updated-thread#latest