Home Support
Options

Importing midi drum loop

Hi everyone,

I have tried several times to import a midi drum loop in SP, but it just doesn't look like it is some drum notation... SP displays the imported drum part as if it were a regular stave with regular notes. I mean the heads of the hi-hat should look like an x, not a regular note. What's more, it is not placed where it should. Same for the snare, the kick or anything else... it's as if I had imported a melody but it should display drum notation. Is there something I'm doing wrong can't SP import midi drum file ?

The midi drum file opens very well in Sibelius, everything stands where it should, by the way, so I think my midi file is not corrupted.

Anyway thanks for your suggestions. Maybe some of you have a solution this issue ?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Hi jamalbee: It looks like a note conversion issue. We rolled out several bugs with percussion importing in our beta version. Let us know if you'd like to use the beta by emailing support@symphonypro.net. In light of your difficulties with this feature, we want to give you the opportunity to take advantage of the improvements.

Regards,
  • Options
    Thanks for your answer. Well I realize I have basically the same problem as this user here : http://forums.symphonypro.net/index.php?p=/discussion/1585/not-importing-drum-set-from-midi

Imported midi drum loop is interpreted as a piano part. Changing the instrument name to drum kit will certainly help as it changes the sound of the instrument, but the notes are still placed on ledger lines under the stave (where the piano left hand stave should be). It is really a pain to have to transpose to place the notes on the correct lines...and the drum symbols (like the x) are definitly ignored.

So here's an idea, if you will allow me to :

I love Symphony Pro and I really hope the drum issues will be sorted out in future update. Percussion is part of music, it is not an option, it is music and rhythm. But this problem is common to many apps, as it seems, so I guess drum notation and import is difficult. Yet, I don't care about other apps. I have found SP, and I don't want to use anything else !

• Options
    I have the same wish that Symphony Pro for iPhone/iPod can sometime soon be able to import the GM Kit as drums and have the right instrument assignments.
    OSX El Capitan Ver 10.11.6
    IOS 13.4 iPad Pro 4th gen.