Home Support Symphony Pro
Options

Lost file after trying to open MIDI file :-(

edited March 2012 in Symphony Pro
I had put quite a lot of work on a piece of rock music I was composing. Since I began writing it I had already closed the app (even turning off my iPad) several times, so I'm pretty sure that the all the changes were saved. Today I tried to open the MIDI file in this link (from Wikipedia) using Symphony Pro (in other words, I went to the Wikipedia page using Safari and then I chose "Open in... Symphony Pro" after clicking in the link):

My file with rock music was open, so I received the usual warning that all unsaved changes would be lost if I opened a new file. I accepted. Then Symphony Pro tried to load the MIDI file but instead it crashed. After crashing there was a new blank file in the list of files. Also, my file with rock music was now empty! :-O 

The file from Wikipedia is also in the list of files. If I try reloading it, the behavior is repeated, obtaining a new blank file every time.

What may have caused this problem? Also, I'm afraid I know the answer but, is there any way to recover the contents of my rock file? 

Eduardo

Comments

• Options
    May it give some hope that the app is authorized to do backups in iCloud? Is there any way to see if my file is in the iCloud backup?

Eduardo
  • Options
    To answer my own question: Yes, I could manage to recover my file from iCloud! (Phewww!). Unfortunately iCloud does not allow parcial restoring so I had to do a full restore of the whole iPad but well, that was a minor annoyance all things considered.

Eduardo