Home Support Symphony Pro
Options

Any progress on crashes and hangs?

edited January 2012 in Symphony Pro
Is there an ETA on the crashes? I'd like to try out this app, but not being able to create a new score kinda gets in the way. Some 1/2 second timeout somewhere perhaps? ...didn't mention I'm using the backup to cloud option in the OS. Is that relevant?

Comments

• Options
    The application works when I don't have Internet access.
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Hi,

There has definitely been progress on fixing crashes as well as reported bugs.

Crash fixes are top priority, and we might even release an preemptive update for several issues.
  • Options
    Can you give us some idea of when to expect some kind of fix, patch or update. As I'm sure you know many of us are professionals and could really benefit from an app like this that works smoothly. I have seven scores and can't access any of them! I have the deadly, dreaded page turn problem. Hours and hours and hours wasted... and on a deadline!!!

Please hurry!
  • Options
    edited January 2012
    Can you give us some idea of when to expect some kind of fix, patch or update. As I'm sure you know many of us are professionals and could really benefit from an app like this that works smoothly. I have seven scores and can't access any of them! I have the deadly, dreaded page turn problem. Hours and hours and hours wasted... and on a deadline!!!

Please hurry!
    Sorry about that. We really haven't coded anything since 2.3 was released because we were preparing for the NAMM show but we're going to get started up again real soon.

We'll probably submit a small update, 2.3.1, that fixes some crashes in 2 weeks and then save the big changes and features we've been planning for 2.4 which we estimate will take 2-3 months.

• Options
    @smacmartin

Where does it timeout? Are there certain actions that lead up to the timeout?

I'm not totally sure about this but the backup to iCloud option can have an effect on the app's performance. We store your files in the app's Documents directory which is the same directory iCloud looks for and backs up.
  • Options
    I sent an email with the timeout issue. I didn't get a file until I was elsewhere without Internet. Could be to do with the cloud, or could be a conflict with some other app running? I'll let you know if I discover anything else, but I would look for a 1/2 second timeout that isn't handled.
  • Options
    It seems to be Safari. Fully close Safari and it can create a new score that I can edit. Start Safari again, and It shows the score but the UI is dead.
  • Options
    Please do hurry up with the new update because WE BADLY need it. Thanks!
  • Options
    Most of these crashes should be fixed now: Symphony Pro 2.3.1 Preview.

I'll push to get Phil to package an update over the weekend.
  • Options
    2.3.1 will be much more stable. We've fixed a ton of crashes, memory leaks, and we have two new systems in place to make sure the app doesn't become unopenable. First of all, if the app crashed the last time you loaded it, SP will now open up a new document instead of the previous document. You will also now be able to reset Symphony Pro's settings and cache to the default state from inside the Settings app, without affecting your documents.