Home Support Symphony Pro

Crashes on page turn

edited December 2011 in Symphony Pro

I have tried entering this a couple of times, as a test, but it crashes if I try to turn the page to the third page (but only if the right hand is displayed).
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D286419_2913993_62281
It was fine at first, I'm not sure what caused the failure.

Crashes like this make the app totally unusable for me: I could enter a score and at any moment it could become unusable.
Is there any way to avoid this issue, or will it be corrected soon?

Comments

• edited December 2011
    Thanks for the crash report & file, Grame. We'll investigate and fix this.
  • Cheers.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting the same issue.  Successfully imported a rather lengthy aria from Sibelius into Symphony (the Pearl Fishers duet) via musicXML;  notes imported fine, but no lyrics.  Started to manually ad lyrics, and after a few pages app now crashes at page turn (about 3 or 4 pages in).  iOS 5 on iPad 2.  I would send the file buy I can't figure how from here... 
  • I am getting the same issue.  Successfully imported a rather lengthy aria from Sibelius into Symphony (the Pearl Fishers duet) via musicXML;  notes imported fine, but no lyrics.  Started to manually ad lyrics, and after a few pages app now crashes at page turn (about 3 or 4 pages in).  iOS 5 on iPad 2.  I would send the file buy I can't figure how from here... 
    Export the file that is giving you trouble and send it to support@symphonypro.net. If it crashes on export, you can still retrieve it via AirShare and iTunes File Sharing.
  • I've been having the same problem ever since I began entering chords & lyrics which was right after these features became available. I reported it then as well, but got no response. It has now occurred on 5 separate files, basically rendering your app useless to me. It is exactly as everyone else has described; at first writing goes smoothly, then all of a sudden it starts crashing on either page turn or playback after page three. I'll be happy to send you the files, but for now, I'll be attempting to export them so I can finish them in my studio with Finale. BTW, despite following your instructions, every attempt I've made to process an imported .pdf has failed. I keep getting a message that says the failure is with the Internet connection, but all my other Internet apps are working fine.
  • edited December 2011
    We have added this as a high priority issue so that it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks
  • I assume from the above that this issue will NOT be resolved in the upcoming 2.3 release ?  As a vocal performer, having scores on my iPad is a great way to have music accessible for review/practice.  ForScore is great for this (view only of course), but I was really excited when I finally got Symphony Pro to import an xml and play it back, but without lyrics it's only 50% useful.  Please make this a priority to get fixed ...
  • edited January 2012
    The issue is still, there, but at least the autosave feature seems to be stopping you get too far before a crash occurs, and reopening the file takes me back to a version that works rather than having to start from scratch.
    Fingers crossed for a fix, i'm very much looking forward to using this app fully; it seems much more stable now if I don't add lyrics, at least.
  • I agree - the stability has improved in 2.3.  But I gotta say that the new NOTION for iPad does handle lyrics (on import, can't add or change), although it is quirky in a lot of other areas.  Right now, I'm trying out both...
  • I'll be thoroughly testing out files with a lot of lyrics so I can get to the root of this issue in time for our next version. If anyone else is having the same issues, please try to export the specific files that are causing problems as Symphony files, and them to support@symphonypro.net.
  • That would be great.  I much prefer Symphony Pro over Notion - better layout, more intuitive design, less quirky (true, Notion is only at release 1.1, but they have a ways to go on stability and features).  I will be looking forward your release 2.4 !
  • Any news on this? I was also wondering when the next bug fix release would be out (hopefully with this included).
    I'm itching to use this fully, although it's pretty good for piano already.
  • Bumping this!
  • 2.3.1 should be out in about a week, so this will be fixed then. Avoid using the text tool for now, as it can cause crashes.
  • edited September 2017

k.r.
  • I have the same  crash problem with random situations. The app looks indeed to be very good.  I would like to suggest some improvements: for example, the option with the measure number is not so coherent for horizontal and vertical view.  On horizontal view we cannot hide the numbers, although the option is "on". There is no good paper space at the left side on this view too.

EMANUEL Fróes
    k.r.