Home General
Options

Export problems

edited November 2011 in General
Thank you for a great app - this looks very promising! I might very well be doing something wrong here, but when I try to email a pdf version of a score to myself, it doesn't appear in my email inbox (I run Gmail).

Also, is there a way to make Sibelius read my SP files?

I run an iPad 2 from July 2011 and the problems above are present in SP 2.2 as they were in 2.1. Which could mean it's me and not the app, I suppose. Your response is appreciated.

A : )

Comments

• Options

Hi,

Double check the following:

(1) Your iPad is connected to the internet (it's required to be able to send email)
    (2) You have entered the correct email address in the "To:" field
    (3) After tapping send, the message sometimes gets queued up and sent later. It will be in the Drafts folder if it hasn't been sent yet
    (3) If it was sent, check your Inbox and your Spam folder for the message

The best way to transfer files between Sibelius and Symphony Pro is with the MusicXML format. You will need the Dolet plugin for Sibelius to do this. MIDI files also work, although importing or exporting MIDI files is more error prone than MusicXML and it doesn't preserve certain notation elements like repeats and barlines.

• Options
    Thank you for your swift and kind reply! The above measures didn't work out, I'm afraid - also, when I tick the "pdf" and "email" boxes, SP says "exporting, please wait", and freezes in portrait mode (if that's the expression). Does that make you any wiser?

Kindly,

Andreas
  • Options
    Can you tell me exactly what happens when you export a MusicXML file to Email?
  • Options
    Certainly - and this is a different variety: I tick "Music XML", then "email", an email- like sheet appears where I type the first letters of my email adress, the correct adress appears, I can see the xml file as an attachment, I press send - and off it flies into the stratosphere. It doesn't appear in my inbox, spam folder or anywhere else. Thank you once again for your support!

Kindly,

Andreas
  • Options
    Hi
    I have also problems with exporting pdf. But I succeded using.the pdf color opportunity.
    But if my score only is one single page I can not use "open in" when I recieve the exported pdf in mail.
    When I click on the pdf, the opportunity I have is saving as a photo, and if I do so, my pdf is unreadeble in my photos.
  • Options
    Update: xml export is now working, it was my fault for not configuring the "email" app correctly when I first set my ipad up (I'm stuck in the old pattern of using email as a web page on Safari). The PDF issue is still there, though - looking forward to see if you can solve it.

Thanks,

Andreas
  • Options
    And the pdf issue seems to have been solved as well, although the color option looks more reliable for now. Subject closed, looking forward to 2.3!

: ) andreas
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    And the pdf issue seems to have been solved as well, although the color option looks more reliable for now. Subject closed, looking forward to 2.3!

: ) andreas
    Thanks for the update. I know there's still some lingering bugs with PDF export since other users have reported it as well. We'll continue to look into it and get it fixed by the next update.
    Hi
    I have also problems with exporting pdf. But I succeded using.the pdf color opportunity.
    But if my score only is one single page I can not use "open in" when I recieve the exported pdf in mail.
    When I click on the pdf, the opportunity I have is saving as a photo, and if I do so, my pdf is unreadeble in my photos.
    Hi Karisteen,

Thanks for reporting this to us. That's a bug. Export PDF to the device and retrieve the file from iTunes or AirShare in the meantime. It's less convenient but it works.