Home General
Options

I have a question about concert pitch.

edited July 2013 in General
Hello, I was just wondering about the concert pitch setting in version 3.1.
It seems to use the wrong enharmonics automatically (for instance, if the song was in Eb major, a concert Ab would be shown as a G# instead, resulting in many unnecessary accidentals). It doesn't affect the sound or score itself, so it's not that big of a deal, it's just a little annoying to deal with.
Thank you guys for this amazing app, have a wonderful day!

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Thanks for letting us know. We'll look into this and likely address the issue in 3.2.

Regards,
    Phil
  • Options
    Hi Don - quick follow-up:

Are you entering notes with or without the keyboard? 

As a quick and superficial test, I created a new project and set the key to Ab, with transposition to +5 to make Eb. if I enter G#/Ab on the keyboard with Concert Pitch turned on, it shows as an Ab as intended.

Your project probably has elements I'm overlooking. It might be necessary for me to see the file in order to fix it for 3.2.

Regards,
    Phil
  • Options
    Hello sir, yes I'm sorry for being a little vague. To be more specific, the song was in Eb major, the instrument was the clarinet, and, using the piano keyboard, I entered the regular Eb scale (appearing as the F scale since that is the clarinet's transposition). Then, I turned on the concert pitch setting and the Ab appeared as a G#.
    And, on a more serious note, I just discovered a new problem. After saving the project by going to the bookshelf menu, and then going back into the song, I noticed that the key stayed the same (appearing as F), but the Eb scale was still showing, which is completely wrong. I apologize, I do not know how to explain it. Is there a way I can send it to you for you to see? And should it be a PDF or a sym or what?
    This could be a serious problem in the future since I write for concert band and orchestra in this is an issue for transposing instruments.
    Thank you again for your time sir, I really appreciate it. Have a wonderful day!
  • Options
    Thanks for letting me know about this. It will be fixed in the next update.