Home General

XML errors with Sibelius

edited November 2011 in General
When I open one of the xml files created by Symphony with Sibelius, I get a series of errors of the form

"Datatype error: Type:InvalidDatatypeValueException, Message: Value 'e' is not in enumeration ." at line 14 column 83

The xml file is here

The errors seem to all involve this tag: <root-step>e</root-step>

Comments

• edited November 2011
    Yep this is a bug, though, I'm not sure who's at fault yet. MuseScore loads it up fine but under Sibelius 7 I'm getting the same warning as you, except it says this
    It was still able to load the file (http://i.imgur.com/p1VFe.png). Were you able to load the file too? 
  • I don't have access to a copy of Sibelius at the moment, but I'm pretty sure the issue is that Sibelius is expecting capitalized letters. Try replacing <root-size>e</root-size> with <root-size>E</root-size> and so on.

If that is what is causing Sibelius is complain, then I'll definitely fix it for the next update.
  • Replacing the lower case letters with capitals fixed the errors.
  • Thanks for the help. This has been fixed in the next version (2.3).
  • I have a similar problem with finale.
  • edited November 2011
    Hi, please email the MusicXML and Symphony file to support@symphonypro.net and I'll take a look at it.
  • Did that. I am also having problems exporting audio. It plays back extremely fast.