Home Support Symphony Pro

Staves

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
next question: does the program have a way to splits the notes so that when I record from the keyboard, my left hand notes are on base clef and my right hand notes are on the treble clef of the music sheet?

Comments

• Not right now, but there will soon be an option to set the "split point" of the recording that specifies which notes go on the bass and treble clefs. By default, splitting is done automatically.

Best,
    Phil
  • edited October 2011
    lmstoler wrote:
    next question: does the program have a way to splits the notes so that when I record from the keyboard, my left hand notes are on base clef and my right hand notes are on the treble clef of the music sheet?

Yes, it does that now in record mode in version 2.0 with either the on screen or midi keyboard

I think what Phil is talking about is

You do not have control of how the split is automatically determined but it does a reasonably good job
  • Thanks very much. Will try it. Phil's point re split point will be helpful as different arrangements throughout a song move the fingers to different areas and the option to adjust the split at different times of playing or per measure would be useful.

Lou
  • Thanks to all. I have continued doing it but the automatic split is not close to working correctly regarding my experience.
  • Anything new re the upgrade for splits?
  • Thanks for the reminder. I've added this for 2.3 (3-4 weeks).
  • Thank you. I think the split should apply re the keyboard on the iPad and the connected electronic keyboard. Look forward to it.

Lou
  • Split point will definitely apply to MIDI keyboard as well. Notes inputted from the MIDI keyboard and the built-in keyboard are handled the exact same way in SP.

Lou

Lou
  • It's scheduled for 2.3 (early December).
  • Thank you. And if the set split has an exception on a measure, after the recording can we identifie a group of notes and transfer to a different clef?

Lou
  • Yes, this will allow for the most flexibility.
  • What is the status of this being updated please?
  • We're trying to get this submitted by the 22nd
  • Is this split and transfer to a clef in the updated version you submitted?
  • Hi Imstoler,

See my latest response here. 2.3 dealt with a lot of latency issues, as well as crash fixes that were introduced during the addition of some new features. Unfortunately this caused both quantization and split point to be postponed.

However, I'm almost positive both of the above features will be available in version 2.4.

Best,
    Phil