Home Support Symphony Pro
Options

Keyboard

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
I have tried the Apple Camera connection with the USB chord hooked up to the keyboard and all keyboards I have tried are not recognized. Is it the wrong adaptor or is there something else to fix? I have reset the midi on and unplugged etc and that has not solved the problem. What adaptor to the iPad and the chord from the keyboard do I need to use?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Imstoler,

The iPad connection kit is the correct interface to use for midi keyboards. However, your device must be Core MIDI compatible. Could you list the devices you've tried?

Thanks,
    Phil
  • Options
    lmstoler wrote:
    I have tried the Apple Camera connection with the USB chord hooked up to the keyboard and all keyboards I have tried are not recognized. Is it the wrong adaptor or is there something else to fix? I have reset the midi on and unplugged etc and that has not solved the problem. What adaptor to the iPad and the chord from the keyboard do I need to use?

Thanks.

Do you have any other apps that you can try, like garage band or piano pro?

Also, you may have inadvertently turned midi off - like i did - so tap the gear at the top, go on the left at the bottom and select settings, and now the key, scroll down and you will see the option to have MIDI on or off

so far my casio privia PX330 and m-audio midi controller both work great
  • Options
    Purdyd, you're correct. If it works with Garage Band, it should also work with Symphony Pro. Let us know if this is not the case.

Thanks,
    Phil
  • Options
    I've successfully connected two fairly old Yamaha keyboards via the Apple camera kit and both work with GarageBand but neither with Symphonypro
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    First make sure that Midi Input is enabled in Settings. This will disable the on-screen keyboard.

Do you have any other keyboards that work with Symphony Pro? 

Thanks