Home Support Symphony Pro
Options

Video tutorials?

edited November -1 in Symphony Pro
Hi,

I was wondering if there are any other video tutorial on how to use SP. The manual doesn't have much info and i learn quicker through videos too. As a newbie, I'm finding things like tie-ing several notes, like chords spread over several bars, at once hard. Also, simple things like selecting the bass clef when playing the keyboard seems twitchy. Another thing is when I try to add a crescendo, I don't really notice it go from quiet to loud.

Cheers,

Comments

• Options
    Hi gdog,

We hope that you'll eventually get the hang of SP. If there's any question you have about how to do something that isn't specified in the manual, feel free to ask in the forums. We may include a comprehensive tutorial video if there is a greater demand.

That said, it is not possible to set a chord across multiple measures since there are only a limited selection of note values. You'll have to enter each tied chord, but it isn't so bad if you use the keyboard, since if you select a tie, each note in the chord will be set as a tie. This is something we hope will become easier for you.
    Also, simple things like selecting the bass clef when playing the keyboard seems twitchy.

Is this for when you are entering notes individually or by recording?
    Another thing is when I try to add a crescendo, I don't really notice it go from quiet to loud.

There is a maximum volume to prevent audio clipping. Try setting track volumes lower to get more of a crescendo.

Best,
    Symphony Team
  • Options
    Hi

May I add my support for gdog's idea... :)
  • Options
    Hey Dev.

I'm going to have to say that the video tutorial would be the best thing for me at this point, things don't seem to be going very smoothly for me either, some things seem to work one way sometimes, and not at all others, and the problem double sided problem with that is, it seems almost impossible to tell what the behavior of the applied action should be because it is so glitchy, and I can't tell if I've abandon a step because I didn't apply it right, or if it's a bug, so I'm left with incomplete work. I hate to come off as negative towards the app because I absolutely Love it, but not doing me much good right now, if you need more specifics I'll be glad to fill you in.
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply.

Re - twitchy controls, Is this for when you are entering notes individually or by recording? - entering notes individually.

I'd like to echo the above posters comments, I really like SP, and want to get into it more, a few video tutorials showing what can be done in SP would be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    @gdog: Thanks for the follow-up. We've uncovered bugs with the movement/placement of the cursor when using the keyboard, and they occur frequently. I hope this will patch up a lot of the issues you were having.

@mrgoodhands: Feel free to give as much detail as you want. If you want to do so via email, send us a message at support@symphonypro.net.

Best,
    Phil