Home Support Symphony Pro
Options

Different voice in midi import

When I import form MIDI file I expected to find separate staff for each voice. Does it non possible ?

Comments

• Options
    My impression is that Symphony Pro creates a separate staff for each midi track (MTrk). It's possible you might have a MIDI Format 0 file where all voices are in a single midi track. When I had this problem I wrote a Perl script to convert the file to MIDI Format 1 where each channel is in a different track; if you search Google for "convert midi format 0 to format 1" you might find a program to do this. Also, whenever I have problems with Symphony Pro MIDI import (for example, when songs have swing feel), I instead open the MIDI file in the free Windows program MuseScore 2, then save the resulting score as a MusicXML file (*.xml) which can be imported into Symphony Pro.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    When I import form MIDI file I expected to find separate staff for each voice. Does it non possible ?

@robigol In addition to @Redwave's insightful remarks, most DAWs like Logic/Cubase can import the problematic MIDI files you've described, and separate voices into different instrument tracks as well (usually automatically). Most DAWs will export MIDI files in a proper track format/separation into SP.