Home Support Symphony Pro

File Sharing from IOS device to Desktop Mac using iMazing instead of iTunes syncing

Last night I deleted two project files so that I could replace them with a new file created in Finale. The XML export directly into the Symphony Pro app. In which displayed a previous file with the files that came with the SP4 software originally purchased. It responded after importing two times 'do I want to replace?' So, they did go to some place in the software a folder; if you will but they never showed up in the folder with the example files. How can I locate the folder where those were sent? Perhaps if they showed up in one particular format say, even as a musicxml from Finale would this program be able to convert it into a sym file for exchanging back and forth through both my programs seamlessly?
iTunes no longer supports file sharing for IOS apps,
John Ernest Clausen III

Comments

• edited January 2018
    @WEGCO2018
    So, they did go to some place in the software a folder; if you will but they never showed up in the folder with the example files. How can I locate the folder where those were sent?
    Sorry about the late reply. Presumably you've already figured this out, but in case it's helpful for others' future reference, you've certainly asked an important question to clear up:

Importing an SP project (or otherwise converting XML/MIDI to SP) will automatically place the project in the folder that is currently opened/being viewed. The only exception is if you've chosen the 'Example Projects' folder. In that case the file will be moved automatically to 'All Projects'.  If anything isn't behaving as described, let us know by emailing to support@symphonypro.net, and we'll return to you a lot sooner.

iTunes no longer supports file sharing for IOS apps,
    iTunes File Sharing should be fully operational in iOS 11, and by all indication should remain functional for future iOS updates to come. You can find all non SP files under the File Sharing folder available by going to New > Import File from the Projects Window. However, navigating within subdirectories other than the top level folder (if you've done so with iMazing) is not yet supported, by either SP or iOS. Again, we'd appreciate feedback or suggestions by emailing directly. Including your iOS version would be crucial to know as well.