Feature Requests (Updated Thread)

13»

Comments

• From the perspective of attempting to get ideas onto paper before they evaporate, SP4 is IMHO much superior to Sibelius, Dorico, Staff Pad or even Kawai Touch Notation because, unlike those others, it successfully gets out of your way and lets you focus on the music rather than the process. That is high praise because, as those apps demonstrate,  it is so difficult to achieve the right balance between ergonomics, flexibility, transparency and power. Thank you for the obvious thought and care you have given to your efficient, consistent, and intuitive approach and implementation.

Enhancements:

I would like to see more options for making a selection. Perhaps a persistent selection that can be modified by addition or deletion of subsequent selections. Something like this would not wander far from the current interface paradigm and would ameliorate the rigid limitiations of a rectangular selection region.

The best selection method I have seen is in Kawai Touch Notation, where any object or group of nearby objects can be selected with a freehand  lassoo of any shape. This method is flexible, fast, and straightforward, totally intuitive. Quite a different interface paradigm than dragging a rectangle, and maybe too big a stretch away from SP4's current interface, but it sure is great to use. OTOH, pasting such a selection is not as obvious as pasting a rectangular selection - where should I paste it? Will it overwrite stuff? Etc.

I figured out a way to move notes from one voice/layer to another, but it is a cumbersome, tedious  process. A one-tap menu command to do this would be awesome.

Eventually something like Filters in Sibelius would be great for quick, complex selections.

SP4 is a terrific app. Thank you.

• Is it possible to introduce a handwritten jazz font that can be swapped for the regular font?  Notion for iOS has this and it's nice to have the option on iOS after getting accustomed to this in the desktop versions of Finale/Sibelius etc.  
  • Really love the app but as a guitar teacher just wish it was possible to notate using the standard way of tablature with notation above but the tablature with no rhythm's. The tablature with rests and ties can be a bit messy for pupils to read and any professional books they buy doesn't have the tablature with rhythm. The main thing is when a note is tied in the notation in a bar most Grade books and also books by a big publisher such as Hal Leonard will not tie the note with tablature therefore a lot of pupils will get confused as it's not the standard way. It would be great to have a choice to have this as an option alongside your current tablature with rhythms. I prefer this app over Notion but have had to use Notion currently because of this reason.
  • Sorry forgot mention it's symphonypro for iPad I'm using.