Home Support Symphony Pro

Clock - Time, Notes freedom, Repetitions, "d=", finger number features.

edited October 2013 in Symphony Pro
Dear Sir/Madam,

Is there anyway you can let us see:
1. the time (clock, watch, etc) feature in SymphonyPro App. When one is working, time is very important to take not of.

2. This feature "d= " either freezes the app or will not show on preview/print on the song sheet anytime I use it.

3. During insertion of notes in the piano staff, notes are forced to be same. Example: If one wants to insert a chord with quaver for high note, followed by semi-quaver, then quaver. These notes are forced to be either all QUAVERS or will change to all SEMI-QUAVERS. There should be freedom of placements and not forced to be the same (Very Important). Setting multiple tracks will help but will be difficult to read when playing printed sheet and playing piano live, because chord notes will be separated.

4. During song repeatition, we are allowed to repeat only twice in the App. Can you include user customized feature to repeat sections of songs as much as user wants.

5. It will be a good idea if you include a feature that user can show or customize finger numbers to print on sheet music to help beginners to play written music.

6. Will SymphonyPro App come on the Mac computers?

I am looking forward to hearing from very soon.
Thanks.

Jazzticks.

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Hi Jazzticks,

To address your questions:

1. The time display (i.e. status bar) is disabled to conserve space. With iOS 7, there may be a general trend against this, in which case we will enable the display to maintain consistency. But for now, you need other means to keep track of time.

2. This bug has been fixed in the latest version (3.2.2). Please make sure you updated and report back.

3. If you want to change a chord to contain different note values, you will have to use multiple voices. In your example, the high note (quaver) would be in the first voice, the second note (semi-quaver) would be in the second voice, and your third note can either be in the 1st or 3rd voice since it is also a quaver. See "Tracks, Staffs, and Voices" for details on how to create and edit voices/layers.

5. For now, you can specify fingerings by using the chord symbol editor.

Your remaining suggestions are in major plans to develop Symphony Pro and lead the market. However, we can't disclose too much at this time. We usually announce and detail a new development up to a few weeks before they are due for release.

I appreciate your feedback and hope that you continue your support.

Regards,
    Phil

• Hi Phil,

I am getting the same problem as Jazzsticks at point 3. I understand the use of voices as layers, but I cannot get this to work correctly. I input a line with voice 1 (the highlight showing purple) When switching to voice 2 it will not allow the input of a separate line with different values - merely the same value as the note already input. Also switching the voices does not make any difference and all notes show up purple as if the change of voice has had no impact and I am therefore merely inputting chords. Hope you can help

THanks

Dave

• edited November 2013
    Hi Dave,

Thanks for letting us know. We're working on making voices easier to work with, among many other things.
  • Hello Phil,

Thank you for fixing 'd=" . And also looking into the other problems I sent.

Please check also Names of the instrument vanishes on the display when "number of Bars" is set to a different number from "Automatic".

Thanks once again.

Jazzticks
  • Hi Jaxticks,

Thanks for letting us know. For now, try setting the bars per line to automatic for the first row only.

Regards,
    Phil